Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

181.2 lbs today.
    Must have been that cookie I ate at work...

Comment

Variations of weight happen. If you stay within the same 4lb range, you are ok.

Comment

The overall trend has been down, which is good. And summer is just around the corner which means more time on the bike. Hopefully that will translate in to even more weight loss.

I noted on the main board today (here) the reviewer comments "I’m 6’1” tall and 175lbs and wear a medium". I'm that height range, so if I could drop to 175 - 170 I think I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          The overall trend has been down, which is good. And summer is just around the corner which means more time on the bike. Hopefully that will translate in to even more weight loss.

I noted on the main board today (here) the reviewer comments "I’m 6’1” tall and 175lbs and wear a medium". I'm that height range, so if I could drop to 175 - 170 I think I'd be happy.
          For me, it's more than weight loss, it's about fat loss and that is always my goal. Even though i am finally pretty thin for my frame, there is still a lot of fat left.

Comment

I know I'm late to the game here but hope you let me join the club anyway. I thought I was going to do this on my own but am beginning to realize I need more motivation to keep me on track.

Currently I am 5'9 and this morning I weighed in at 174.8 and it's not where I want to be. My excuses are many but it comes down to that I have been over indulging since last Fall. It started with a 14 day cruise then continued with Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's celebrations and here we are. In September I was at the gym 5 days a week and now if I am there once a week it is a lot. Before my neck injury I use to bike (mostly mountain bike) 3-5 times a week. So enough excuses and it's past time to get it done!

I'd like to be at 165 lbs., lose some fat and gain some muscle. I have to take it easy at the gym with upper body due to a my neck injury.

Looking forward to encouraging everyone (as well as get some encouragement) as they strive to reach their goals.

Comment

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] welcome to the club! Maybe set some easy to win goals to start getting the weight down. Set a goal of going to the gym three times this week and going three days this week without any extra sugars.

How does that sound? Do-able?

Comment

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] welcome to the club! Maybe set some easy to win goals to start getting the weight down. Set a goal of going to the gym three times this week and going three days this week without any extra sugars.

How does that sound? Do-able?
                Thanks for the welcome. Yes that sounds doable. I already cut out my after dinner ice cream.

Planning on hitting the gym in the morning.

Comment

I've been lurking as well, but think it's time to chime in.

I'm about 5'9" as well. I played three sports in high school and hovered around 175. In the 10 years since, I've been moderately active with cycling (rode a century a year and a half ago), hiking, and occasional spells of hitting the gym. The past year has been really brutal work-wise, and by the time I committed to getting things under control I came in at 193.5.

I am 7 weeks in to lifting 4 days/week and tracking calories with myfitnesspal, trying to hit around 1900. Today I weighed in at 179.5. So I'm happy with the direction and pace of progress. I would really like to see what things look like when I'm in the 165-170 neighborhood.

Onward!

Comment

Originally posted by elpenguinoloco View Post

I'm about 5'9" as well. I played three sports in high school and hovered around 175. In the 10 years since, I've been moderately active with cycling (rode a century a year and a half ago), hiking, and occasional spells of hitting the gym. The past year has been really brutal work-wise, and by the time I committed to getting things under control I came in at 193.5.

I am 7 weeks in to lifting 4 days/week and tracking calories with myfitnesspal, trying to hit around 1900. Today I weighed in at 179.5. So I'm happy with the direction and pace of progress. I would really like to see what things look like when I'm in the 165-170 neighborhood.

Onward!
                    Good work!

Comment

My weight has pretty much remained unchanged for the past couple months... but I just PRed my bench by 10 lbs and my deadlift by 15 sooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      Ben

Comment

It's been a while since I checked in. Not surprising to me, I put on a few pounds over the holidays and it's taken me until now to get back to where I was before Thanksgiving and maintain it there. But I've been under 194 all week and most of last week as well, so I think I've stabilized.

193.4 this morning and I'd love to hit my goal of 185 by summer.

But--I also want to start doing some weight lifting again, which has been a few years. So, who knows, I might bump up my goal to 190. Jeez--I looked pretty good 20 years ago when I weighed 200 and lifted weights. Of course, my chest was two inches bigger around and my waist was two inches narrower.

Now I'm conflicted. I purchased two Brooks Brothers suits in 42 long this last year. And I love them. They might not fit anymore if I add some muscle.

Anyways--some of you seem to have been doing well, so congratulations on that!
                        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Onward!
                          Wow. That's awesome. Well done.

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] I had a bit of a falling off the diet this week. I had been really good but this week I chowed down on a chocolate bar, chocolate chip muffin, lots of trail mix, AND I skipped my leg day at the gym. Crud.

Comment

Onward!
                            That's great progress. Congrats! Century is good stuff. I did a couple a few years ago and miss it greatly. Just cannot keep my head in that position for that long now.

I'm hoping to make some rapid progress too. If I keep my calories under 1500 I lose weight quickly.

Off to the gym now.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              My weight has pretty much remained unchanged for the past couple months... but I just PRed my bench by 10 lbs and my deadlift by 15 sooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                              Good job. Sometimes you just reach a weight set point and the body needs to be tricked to go lower. Remember that it wants to remain at a constant weight. Sometimes eating more for a few days then drastically cutting back works. Or sometimes constant weight just means that you are losing fat and gaining muscle which is good.

Comment

Wow. That's awesome. Well done.

[MENTION=19117]Ron[/MENTION] I had a bit of a falling off the diet this week. I had been really good but this week I chowed down on a chocolate bar, chocolate chip muffin, lots of trail mix, AND I skipped my leg day at the gym. Crud.
                                It happens. Don't let it get you down. A short fall off the wagon is okay as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Losing weight is simple but not easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X