No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean you could see results, especially for severely overweight peeps like my former self! I lost 5 pounds in my first week (16 in the first month!!)

Comment

I'm just happy that I've managed to keep off the booze for the month so far. Even if I'm not dropping any weight - and I don't think I am - at least I'm feeling better. If I can keep my sugar craving under control I might actually start to see some results.

Comment

199.95 lbs. IT STILL COUNTS!

Below 200 lbs since time immemorial.

* Frantically searching for dance emoji*

Comment

Congrats Calexako!

Comment

Checked the scale this morning and am down to 182. I've increased my running while decreasing food intake for a few weeks and it seems to be paying off.

Comment

I'm at 190 and holding steady. This is kind of disappointing as I've been cutting beer and sugar out of my diet. But at the same time I'm working out more, so I'm telling myself that the reason I'm holding steady is because I'm gaining muscle.

Comment

I am holding around 201-202 for now. I recently upped my protein intake to roughly 180-190 grams in order to build some muscle and i can tell you that i feel that it is working. We will see. I need to tip the scales towards less fat so i want to see if my 2200kcal/ 190gram protein diet will make it happen.

A lot of protein bar consumption for sure.

Comment

Welp. I think I've finally lifted my way into a bigger jacket size.

My suit jackets and sport coats that used to be a bit on the loose side are now a good fit. Those that used to fit well are now too snug.

I've ordered a few things to try out from a few different brands. Also grabbed a few new pairs of pants since it's becoming increasingly evident that my legs are just going to keep getting bigger.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by calexako View Post
                    I am holding around 201-202 for now. I recently upped my protein intake to roughly 180-190 grams in order to build some muscle and i can tell you that i feel that it is working. We will see. I need to tip the scales towards less fat so i want to see if my 2200kcal/ 190gram protein diet will make it happen.

A lot of protein bar consumption for sure.
                    Drinking a good protein powder in water or skim milk is probably a more efficient way to increase your protein intake... most protein bars have a lot of extra "stuff" in them that's just going to eat away at the number of calories you can allocate to real food.
                    Ben

Comment

I know. But unfortunately I am lactose intolerant, especially towards milk, and protein with almond or water is just bleh!

Comment

Originally posted by calexako View Post
                        I know. But unfortunately I am lactose intolerant, especially towards milk, and protein with almond or water is just bleh!
                        [MENTION=15722]calexako[/MENTION] try unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. I've found that to be the closest to milk without too much of an almond taste. And in a shake (with vanilla protein powder and fruit) you can't even tell.

Comment

Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.
                          Ben

Comment

I see a shake as fuel and a means to hit macros, not as food to enjoy. There are enough other meals during the day to cook and enjoy. So I don’t really take my time with the shake, I put it down pretty quick, so the taste has never been an issue.

As mentioned above, I also sometimes use almond milk (unsweetened) and if not, just plain water. I also add some salt when I take mine, i also add a little salt to my first liter of water for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.
                              Yeah, I drink the same stuff, and I think the chocolate is delicious just with water. I'll have to try adding a little salt and cinnamon!

Comment

I did a weigh in this morning and came in at 185lbs. Not bad considering for the past three days I've had bacon sandwiches for lunch...

Comment

Working...
                                X