No announcement yet.

Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend Trendweight. It's a free web site that helps you track your weight. If you have a Withings-Nokia or Fitibit wifi scale, you can hook your data up to it automatically.

Trendweight plots a moving average so you get a better indication of what your weight trend really is. It demonstrates in graphical form that your weight can vary from day to day for reasons unrelated to your diet discipline, and instead smooths the curve so you don't get false impressions from single readings.

Of course, it works better with more data, which means regular weigh-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      A week of indulgent over-eating is not going to make or break your long-term success. Keep your good exercise habits and keep moving forward with healthy eating and you will be back on track toward your goals in no time.
      Yeah, I had to remind myself to trust the process this morning, but also follow the process by not eating garbage.

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
      Don't take an arbitrary measure like a scale as an indicator of success or failure. Some other things to consider:
      - How did you feel?
      - Did you track your calories? If so, did you have enough energy, at what times were you eating etc.? Did you notice any "hidden" calories you missed?
      - How much water were you taking in?
      - Were you sleeping enough?

For perspective ... even if killing it ... the normal (assuming you keep a healthy amount of water) weight loss is 1-2lbs a week.

Don't let it ground you. Try to now tweak to see if an abnormal week or a pattern that needs a correction.
      I don't typically track calories, as I've found that to be a PITA in the past. When I'm in normal life mode, I figure I do a pretty good job of self-moderation through salads and limiting sweets, but it was tougher to do that while not at home.

Outside of what the scale says, I've been feeling pretty good - shifting some heavier weight training to lighter, with a focus on form as well as increasing my mileage on my runs. Working my way toward the 15K-half marathon condition I was in 5 years ago. Still could drink less beer, but I figure that if I can get my other diet pieces back to steady state, beer can be an OK vice in moderation.
      Last edited by Weathered; January 4, 2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

With 2019 starting I too am making serious thoughts to my health and diet. Booze free so far - even though yes, it is only 4 days. But no sugar and no crap food.

I plan on having one cheat day week - which for me will be Sunday because I watch a lot of TV (football, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers) which means a lot of couch and eating time. But fur so far, I'm focused.

If you gents send me your starting weights, I'm going to pull it together in a Google spreadsheet so we can keep track and keep each other accountable. No judgement. Just support. Sound good?

Comment

Sounds good. I'm 214 as of this morning.
          [MENTION=15633]Weathered[/MENTION] The holidays put a hurting on me too, that first look at the scale was similarly demoralizing, although I didn't make much effort to hold back on eating or drinking. But, after just 5 days of better eating and lots of water I've come back to 214 so don't worry too much about it, it could just be water weight, or some other occurrence. I doubt you gained 6lbs of fat.

Comment

Just before Xmas my gym unexpectedly closed. So instead of doing some workouts at home I decided to eat all of the food.

I did sign up for another gym and am pretty thrilled that it has some boxing classes.

With all that said, I am at 184.1 pounds.

Comment

As of this morning I'm at 190lbs. Bring on 180 lbs!!!

I'll start pulling together the spreadsheet tonight/later today.

Comment

Flat to slightly down this morning, which for a Monday morning usually means I'll be down 1-2 lbs tomorrow when things normalize (my weekend meals are usually higher in sodium, and I think I retain a decent amount of water from them, not to mention the beers).

You can mark me down @ 207 this morning.

Comment

Setting up our Tough Mudder team next week. Boston, 29/30 June. If anyone would like to train and join us, we'd love to have you.
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], great idea! I was 186.2 this morning. I'm still looking to get to 175 over the next few months, but going to focus on staying consistent with good eating habits and getting in the gym. Like a lot of you, I gained some weight back over the holiday season, but am pumped to get back in the gym now that the constant deluge of Christmas cookies/candy/dinner/alcohol has abated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
                      [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], great idea! I was 186.2 this morning. I'm still looking to get to 175 over the next few months, but going to focus on staying consistent with good eating habits and getting in the gym. Like a lot of you, I gained some weight back over the holiday season, but am pumped to get back in the gym now that the constant deluge of Christmas cookies/candy/dinner/alcohol has abated.
                      Me too. But not that #metoo.

I was down to 192 before Thanksgiving with a goal of 185. I bumped up to 200 for a day or two after New Year's (that 2.2 pound rib eye I grilled wouldn't have anything to do with that, would it?)--at 197 now. And damn--I wanna get my new Brooks Brothers suit tailored, but not until I'm at 195 or less.

So, here's to a New Year and to new goals. Or renewed goals.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Had a bad bout of mono last month which kept me off the gym and knocked me down. However no weight gain during the holidays but i got some fat back. Now that I am back on the saddle, I thing I should be ok once again.

Height: 6-2
                        Weight: 201.5
                        BF: 20%

Comment

Started to track what I was eating and over the past couple of weeks and no wonder I wasn't moving anywhere on that scale.

So, started meal plan with my fiance over the weekend. Though it has been a big change and a lot more eating, of the healthy stuff, I have felt better. That along with consistently going to the gym I am excited to see what the first full week brings.

183.1 as of this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by fencedwall View Post
                            Started to track what I was eating and over the past couple of weeks and no wonder I wasn't moving anywhere on that scale.

So, started meal plan with my fiance over the weekend. Though it has been a big change and a lot more eating, of the healthy stuff, I have felt better. That along with consistently going to the gym I am excited to see what the first full week brings.

183.1 as of this morning.
                            Be aware that one week is not enough time to see visible results, especially for muscle growth/fat loss. Give it 3 weeks at least.

Comment

Originally posted by calexako View Post
                              Be aware that one week is not enough time to see visible results, especially for muscle growth/fat loss. Give it 3 weeks at least.
                              Wait, what? So you're saying one week isn't enough to see all the changes that I am hoping to get? I guess I will return my Shake Weights...

As you can see from my post it is talking about how I feel.

I think we all know it is a process, but it has to start somewhere.

Comment

*follows meal plan successfully for two days*

*STILL HAS NO ABS*

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X