Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    If anyone wants any online coaching or support reach out. Not a service just know I had buddies take me under the wing at the gym etc. and it made a huge difference. Having a network helps.

Best of luck.
    This ^^ This is why I created the thread. To have a network to help each of us achieve our goals. Well said.

Comment

Here is a snapshot of my numbers from the past 2 years (just the heart related ones, if you want the rest let me know). Joe

10/20/2018 10/27/2017
      Height 5.7 5.7
      Weight 140 159
      Blood Pressure 122/78 132/79
      Pulse 50 50 bpm
      Platelet Count 192 218
      Cholesterol 188 207
      HDL 82 69
      Triglycerides 32 50
      LDL 100 128
      Heart Disease Risk 2.3 3

Comment

Monday weigh in - 220, i think that's down a pound or two since last week.

No chance to hit the gym but since i set my calorie counter to sedentary, it worked out well. Getting on a plane again tonight, hopefully my time honored tradition of pacing the airport helps.

Loving all the posts here, let's keep it up gents,

Comment

Start weight (11/3): 164.6

Monday morning weigh in (11/12): 162.6

Eating better/smaller portions, little to no snacking, but no calorie counting just yet. Lifting 4 days a week with minimal rest between sets to keep heart rate elevated, no dedicated cardio yet. Getting back into the groove, so will be upping the lifting and adding in cardio soon.

Comment

On the road so no access to a scale. Plus travel means (for me at least) crappy food, lots of beer, and late nights. I do plan on getting in to the hotel gym though. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

I am both late and early to this thread. I am just now posting, but I've been working on losing weight since January.

Stats:
              Height: 5'10.5
              Starting weight: 197.5
              Current weight:. 168.5
              Goal: 165

I've been lifting a lot as my weight loss all along. Trying to change body composition is more important to me than weight loss. (although I lack any equipment - other than my mirrior - to measure body fat)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, I'm back from four days and four nights in New Orleans--oh boy--I was about 193 when I left. After a day of normal eating yesterday (about 1800 calories), I'm at 197.

And I walked an average of about 4 miles a day while there.

This thread hasn't been good for me. I was about 192 when I started. I'm blaming you all.

And I'm the thanksgiving cook next week. I was so close to my goal of 185.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                  Okay, I'm back from four days and four nights in New Orleans--oh boy--I was about 193 when I left. After a day of normal eating yesterday (about 1800 calories), I'm at 197.

And I walked an average of about 4 miles a day while there.

This thread hasn't been good for me. I was about 192 when I started. I'm blaming you all.

And I'm the thanksgiving cook next week. I was so close to my goal of 185.
                  Don't worry about that vacation weight, you'll dump out most of it in a couple days. When I was at Sandals Antigua for a week (sis in law's wedding), gorged myself on the all you can eat/drink aspect from the moment we woke up to when we went to bed... Constant state of food coma/buzz.

Came back 7 pounds heavier, but within a couple days it ended up only being 2 pounds.

Comment

Heading back in the right direction.

Week 1: 154.4
                    Week 2: 155.4
                    Week 3: 155.2
                    Week 4: 154.0

Cooked up a big pot of white bean and chicken sausage soup with tons of veggies in it - so hopefully have few excuses to opt for frozen pizza or whatever this week.

Also baked a monstrous ginger key lime meringue pie but I only had one piece and fed the rest to my coworkers so that doesn't count, right?
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Heading back in the right direction.

Week 1: 154.4
                      Week 2: 155.4
                      Week 3: 155.2
                      Week 4: 154.0

Cooked up a big pot of white bean and chicken sausage soup with tons of veggies in it - so hopefully have few excuses to opt for frozen pizza or whatever this week.

Also baked a monstrous ginger key lime meringue pie but I only had one piece and fed the rest to my coworkers so that doesn't count, right?
                      Congratulations on heading back in the right direction.

Easier than frozen pizza and only about 500 calories, and filling for dinner: Cook a potato in the microwave. Drain half the liquid from a can of Progresso vegetable something (beef or chicken, generally) soup. Smash up the potato. Pour the rest of the soup on the potato. Pop it in the microwave for about two more minutes.

If you avoid butter on the potato, you've got protein, vegetables, and carbs all in one 12 minute meal with almost no prep time (washing the potato and opening a can), for about 500 calories.
                      WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

My usual quick go-to dinner is a couple chicken sausages sliced and sautĂ©ed in a little butter or olive oil with about half a small tub of greens (spinach, baby kale, whatever) tossed in and wilted at the end. A mound of greens that takes up a big frying pan will cook down to almost nothing in a matter of seconds, so it’s a good, fast way to get a lot of nutritional value if you don’t love munching endlessly on raw plants and don’t have the time to prep and cook veggies. If I do have a little more time I will cut up some tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc and toss them in to cook with the sausages.

Then a small portion of oatmeal, with a pinch of brown sugar and a sliced apple or banana to sweeten it, for “dessert” (and carbs).

I am not a big meat lover - the only meat I *really* enjoy cooking and eating is a nice steak - so I eat a lot of chicken sausage, since they are pre-seasoned, flavorful, and fast and easy to prepare. Not as good an option as chicken breast or fish but probably healthier (and certainly cheaper) than filet mignon every day.

I’ve been looking to cut back slightly on my crossfitting and increase my personal weightlifting. Just found an app that leads you through Wendler’s 5/3/1 so I’m excited to try that out.
                        Ben

Comment

Shifting up again, most likely due to a cabin weekend with friends. Went off the wagon and had doughnuts and pumpkin pie, and also drinking a lot. I was also coming off a stressful week at work, so that didn't help.

Week 1: 187.8
                          Week 2: 189.2
                          Week 3: 186.2
                          Week 4: 187.2

I can usually do fine during the week, even avoiding the dreaded treats people bring into the office, because I bring my own lunch and snacks, and make my own dinner. But it's definitely harder on the weekends when my girlfriend and I may go out, or when we're with friends. Anyone have tips on controlling cravings, especially when out with friends or in a place with a lot of temptation for carbs/sweets? I have a friendsgiving party this weekend (more temptation), and would appreciate any advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasma View Post
                            Shifting up again, most likely due to a cabin weekend with friends. Went off the wagon and had doughnuts and pumpkin pie, and also drinking a lot. I was also coming off a stressful week at work, so that didn't help.

Week 1: 187.8
                            Week 2: 189.2
                            Week 3: 186.2
                            Week 4: 187.2

I can usually do fine during the week, even avoiding the dreaded treats people bring into the office, because I bring my own lunch and snacks, and make my own dinner. But it's definitely harder on the weekends when my girlfriend and I may go out, or when we're with friends. Anyone have tips on controlling cravings, especially when out with friends or in a place with a lot of temptation for carbs/sweets? I have a friendsgiving party this weekend (more temptation), and would appreciate any advice!
                            You might give some thought to doing a 5/2 fasting cycle - five days a week you eat normally, and two days a week (not consecutive days), you fast most of the day and eat a light meal or couple meals for a total of 500-600 calories. Takes some getting used to and not optimal for people who are really physically active, but that can help counteract indulgent weekends.

When you're out, I'd recommend drinking a big glass of water before you start eating/drinking alcohol, and then another big glass of water between basically every food item/drink item you consume. The physical sensation of fullness might help curb some of the temptation to mindlessly snack and will probably also cut back on your alcohol consumption since drinking more will just send you to the bathroom more.
                            Ben

Comment

Weight is weird. This morning I was 151 after eating clean, hydrating like crazy, and doing some heavy-ass deadlifts yesterday.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Weight is weird. This morning I was 151 after eating clean, hydrating like crazy, and doing some heavy-ass deadlifts yesterday.
                                151? That's a sign you need to treat yourself to some body weight proof Bacardi.

Comment

Working...
                                X