What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

I just started watching the HBO series. Have you watched any? Any comparison to the books (I have not read).
    I have started watching it. I'm 4 or 5 episodes in. So far it is reasonably true to the books. There are some changes made of course, but Pullman is involved in the show so I think it will stay fairly consistent with the story he laid out in the books.

Comment

Last night I finished The Beastie Boys Book. It was pretty interesting, I really like the band, but I've never been big on musical group biographies or memoirs, but the Beasties are just too quirky to not have an interesting book. The way it was written was pretty neat, basically Horovitz and Diamond (Yauch had already passed away) took turns writing anecdotes, so the style changes between chapters. Also, they added notes notes and commentary in each other's stories, which were funny. They also threw in a recipe section, an illustrated mini comicbook, and a couple of guest essays. As you would imagine, a lot of photos, suggested playlists, and set lists. Worth the read.

Comment

Just finished The Stand by Stephen King. That was a monumental achievement in book reading. 1308 pages.

Comment

Working...
        X