No announcement yet.

What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revival - Stephen King. End of the Summer, fun read. Just cracked it, so far it's fun and has that familiar King feel.

Comment

Can't believe I almost forgot. I read the whole Murderbot Diaries series by Martha Wells and they are my favorite books of the year so far. It's 4 novellas and they read really quick. Great story, you'll love Murderbot. Highly recommended.

https://www.marthawells.com/murderbot.htm

Comment

Writing from the center by Scott Russell Sanders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm currently reading Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham.

Comment

Currently reading Sticky Fingers, the history of Rolling Stone magazine. As someone who loves rock music, and read Rolling Stone, I am enjoying this book immensely.

Comment

What The Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell. It is a collection of his older articles but it is an interesting read so far. I have his new book pre-ordered though based on a recent podcast he did, the audiobook seems like the way to go. The audiobook is more podcast and less just reading.

Comment

Just started reading Life 3.0. Still too early to offer an opinion on it.

Comment

The Library Book by Susan Orleans which is great so far. I got a kindle and borrowed the book from the library through the Libby app and I can see that this combo is going to lead to me reading more books and and reading a wider variety of books.

Comment

Currently reading 'Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me'. Going to push through but this feels more like it could have been a blog post and less of a book but it was recommended by someone so I will push on.

Also read since last post: 10% Happier by Dan Harris, Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell, and Boomerang by Michael Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      Currently reading 'Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me'. Going to push through but this feels more like it could have been a blog post and less of a book but it was recommended by someone so I will push on.

Also read since last post: 10% Happier by Dan Harris, Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell, and Boomerang by Michael Lewis.
                      Heard good things about the first two. How did you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
                        Heard good things about the first two. How did you like them?
                        10% Happier really helped my personal Mindfulness if that is something you practice. It was also a fun read so it went by quickly. Talking to Strangers was pretty good but would suggest the audiobook if you listen to podcasts. MG gave a taste of it on his podcast and it is engaging vs. the usual audiobook.

Comment

Just finished Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe. Its mostly a history of the Troubles between the republicans and loyalists/unionists in Northern Ireland, with more specifics about a particular murder case of an Irish woman thought to be informing to the British about IRA movements.

GREAT book. Couldn't recommend it more highly, especially if you have an interest in the region. I listened to the audio book, which had an Irish narrator, so that made it even more enjoyable.

https://www.amazon.com/Say-Nothing-M...s%2C190&sr=1-1

Comment

[MENTION=11125]burban[/MENTION] I have this book on hold at the library. Definitely looking forward to giving it a read.

Comment

Finished 'Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me'. I could sum the book up with the phrase "Cognitive Dissonance." Find some random blog post on that and you would be good.

I have 20 pages left of Bad Blood by John Carryrou. Quick read and makes me want to read Super Pumped about Uber but have a few others I want to read first.

I can't believe I have read almost 3 books so far this year. Less time scrolling through my phone and more time with books I guess.

Comment

Finishing the final pages of John Updike's 4.5-book Rabbit series, which I figured I should read. Some parts of it are a little much.

Comment

Working...
                                X