No announcement yet.

What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Really enjoying this book right now. Can't recommend it enough.

Comment

Really digging the new Bill Bellicheck book by Ian O'Connor.

Comment

Stopped by the used book store in town over the weekend and picked up 10 new books for the year. Most are Malcolm Gladwell but there are some others which have been on my list.

I am almost done with "How Not to be Wrong, The Power of Mathematical Thinking" and will move onto the sequel to "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman" which is in my Top 5 favorite books.

Comment

There is nothing better than a used book store with a good selection and being able to come home with a pile of books.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
            There is nothing better than a used book store with a good selection and being able to come home with a pile of books.
            10 books out the door for $42. Would have been at least $100 on Amazon as I tend to buy new there...

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
              Agreed. Locally, the best I can do is Half Price Books, but I love going into a random local used bookstore when traveling.

Comment

Girl in a Band is awesome! I'm a huge SY fan. It was nice to hear her story.

If you're a fan and haven't already read it, might I recommend "Just Kids" by Patti Smith? I love her music and her storytelling ability is wonderful. It's a great read.

Comment

+1 for Girl in a Band.

I haven' t read Just Kids yet nor have I hear the Beastie Boys book. Both are on my radar though.

Comment

The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens

Comment

Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time by Dava Sobel.

Fascinating short read for those with an interest in horology, astronomy, navigation and/or history. Cheap in paperback and available for free as a borrowed Kindle book on Amz (with Prime).
                      Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

+1 on Longitude. Great read. Totally makes we want to check out the horological museums now!

Comment

"Why do you care what others think" - Richard Feynman. It has been a quick read so far. Not many books I can get through 25 pages a day on.

Comment

The Power of Ambition: Unleashing the Conquering Drive Within You! by Jim Rohn. Just picked this up, but havent started it yet.

Comment

The Stranger In the Woods by Michael Finkel. Fascinating read about a guy who vanished in to the woods around Maine and managed to live away from civilization for over 20 years before being 'discovered' and brought back to civilization.

Comment

Am I the only one who has a bookshelf stuffed with half-read books? I'm reading three or four right now -- hopefully I make it through at least one of them sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X