No announcement yet.

What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading Pseudonymous Bosch's Secret Series to my family on the car rides to school, it's a children's book I read when I was younger, very clever well-done. Alone I'm reading LA Noir by John Buntin, about the history of Organized Crime in Los Angeles. It's a fantastic look into that time.

Comment

My sister bought me this for Christmas and I'm about half way through it. https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cat...f_the_moon.htm

It's easily one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. The illustrations are amazing and the construction of the book is super high quality. Beside all that, the stories are pretty entertaining. On the level of the original Brothers Grimm.

Comment

I'm trying to get through The First 90 Days since I'm starting a new job. But I'm already 30 days in to the new job and nowhere near that far in to the book. So I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up on it. which is a shame too because the 50 or so pages I have read are pretty good.

Comment

I've gone almost entirely the audiobook route for my reading of late. Just finished The Glass Key by Dashiell Hammett and am starting a Raymond Chandler short story today. I'm a sucker for noir. Plus there are tons of free titles available through your local library.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently reading The Art of Rivalry. It's a fascinating and well-written book that looks at a bunch of famous art duos -- Bacon and Freud, Manet and Degas, etc. -- and explores how their friendships and rivalries made them better painters.

Here's a review: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-manet-picasso

Comment

After a long absence of reading, I just picked up The Lost City of the Monkey God. A real life hunt for a lost civilization. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
                I've gone almost entirely the audiobook route for my reading of late. Just finished The Glass Key by Dashiell Hammett and am starting a Raymond Chandler short story today. I'm a sucker for noir. Plus there are tons of free titles available through your local library.

Yes! I love Hammett.

Comment

Really enjoyed The Big Sleep. I actually like Lee Child's Jack Reacher series as he is basically a nouveau hard boiled detective.

Comment

Just picked this book up. Not sure where or how I heard of it, but it was in my queue at the library so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Comment

I just started I Contain Multitudes by Ed Yong https://www.amazon.com/Contain-Multi.../dp/0062368591

It hasn't grabbed me yet. Based on what I've read so far it appears to be VERY THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED. Seriously, the end notes and bibliography are extensive. I'm hoping that doesn't bog the read down.

Comment

I recently finished A Constellation of Vital Phenomena. I was very impressed by the number of characters and plotlines the author juggled while still depicting real characters. Overall, it was enjoyable and prompted a very good discussion at my book club.

Comment

I just finished Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy Seals Lead and Win. Great leadership book! I lead a team of software engineers and this book is packed with valuable leadership advice that is relevant to the business world.

Next up I am reading Toughness by ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas.
                          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Reading Bellevue by David Oshinsky. So good... Up there with my other favorite non-fiction/history writers, like Robert Caro and David Halberstam.

Comment

Just finished this book. If you're looking for a nice book to read, one with a few twists in the plot but nothing crazy, then give this one a read. Short. Easy to follow. Well written. No complaints.

Comment

Neal Asher's Brass Man. In his typical style, it's something of a suspenseful thriller/sci-fi novel, and while it is the third book in the sequence, it reads well as a standalone.
                                Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Working...
                                X