No announcement yet.

What book are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to DocDave, I decided to read Ordinary Thunderstorms and I was pleased. I'm currently reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, then I'll read The Martian afterwards.

Comment

The Ari Gold book is great. I have it in audio book format, which is actually narrated by Jeremy Piven. It's actually probably only good in as an audio book.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
        The Ari Gold book is great. I have it in audio book format, which is actually narrated by Jeremy Piven. It's actually probably only good in as an audio book.
        I believe that. Might have to buy that for my moovie bidness friend.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=8246]DerrelAB[/MENTION] Glad to know I didn't lead you astray.

Comment

Been rereading the old James Herriot books about his days as a country vet in England.. It's like a warm, animals-and-quaint-english-country-side balm for my soul.

Comment

Just finished The Man Who Loved Books Too Much. I loved this book. This is the story of a rare book thief and the people who tracked him down and caught him.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-Loved-.../dp/1594484813

Comment

As a die hard Blackberry user for years (and a proud Canadian of course) I was/am quite choked to see the once proud company come crashing to the ground. It is for this reason that I am very much looking forward to reading Losing the Signal: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of BlackBerry. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

God I loved my Blackberry. That keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                    Agreed. I love the look of the Classic. Some days I want to chuck my iPhone and just get the Classic for work. I don't play games on my phone other than Words with Friends, and I already waste too much time on social media.

Comment

I just finished reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. I read the main series, and the co-creator wrote 6 other books in the same "world", so I just finished the last of those.

It was long, it was really, really great in some parts, and it was really, really slow in parts. 16 books later, I'm ready to move on to something else. Great fantasy series for someone that doesn't want to run out of books to read for a while. There are actually some other books in the same world, but they aren't part of the main story line, so I'm okay with missing them for now.

I also recently finished reading some graphic novels: The Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, and The Killing Joke.

Next up: V for Vendetta and Maus.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                        I hear ya. It came to the point where I could walk and type on my BlackBerry without even looking at the keyboard. Those were the days.

Comment

In the middle of reading Resistance Rebellion & Death by Albert Camus.

Eerie how his writings on the French Algerian conflict still resonate with our current conflicts.

Comment

I'm reading The Martian. I'm trying to finish it before the movie goes out of theatres. I just finished Good Omens by Neil caiman and Terry Pratchett for the second time. Next up I think will be Armada by Ernest Cline. I have several books on the shelf waiting on me to hurry and read them.

Comment

Just finished reading Wild and The Martian and loved em both!

Can anyone recommend something else next along the same lines? Doesn't have to be space/ survivor, just easy to read and humorous.

Comment

Finished up The Spy's Son last night. True story about Jim Nicholson, a CIA officer who traded secrets to Russia due to financial problems. He was imprisoned, then used his son to continue passing information to the Russians. Dad's now in Supermax and the son got 5 years probation. Very well written, though the writer's rant about the First Amendment at the very end was a little one-sided.

Comment

Working...
                                X