What song are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New records:
    New Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate: the OGs of pop punk still putting out solid records
    Dinosaur Jr new record - Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not: great album with hazy riffs

Vintage album:
    Ike & Tina Turner and The Ikettes - Come Together: this is a hidden gem.

Enjoy the weekend
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Atmosphere's new record, Fishing Blues, came out today! Sounds like they're finally having fun again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ueCFLkJdA
      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Just found out about a punk band called Joyce Manor. The first tracks I've listened to I quite like. They have a new album coming out in October and if the first track I've heard from the album is anything to go on, I think I'll grab the whole thing.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]
          Joyce are terrific! Stoked on that album.

George Watsky's new album x infinity came out yesterday. The whole record is stellar, but the Lovely Thing suite is particularly masterful.
          Duncan

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION]. I heard about them while listening to the podcast All Songs Considered. The one track I heard was enough to sell me. Now I'm looking at getting some of their albums off iTunes.

Comment

Metallica's new single, "Hardwired." Good lord; bringing back the old school sound, and I ain't mad at all. Here's hoping for a tour date within 5 hours of Charlotte!

We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Dan Lissvik. Kind of house/trance type stuff. Think Theivery Corporation. Just starting to get in to it.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqCFWgoO7g

It's a sweet song
                  Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] the full Joyce Manor album is out now. Have you heard it it? And if so what are your thoughts?
                    Duncan

Comment

St. Vincent - Birth in Reverse

Comment

[MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I was going to give the album a listen/preview via iTunes later today. If I like what I hear, I'll be picking it up.

My most recent purchase has been this:

Blood Orange Freetown Sound. Quite enjoying it.

Comment

I think you'll dig it if you liked the singles, [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION].

And on the note of the Blood Orange album, I've recently been listening to Frank Ocean's new record, Blonde.
                          Duncan

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obd0Von9EB8

Comment

Frank Ocean? Can't say I've heard of him. But if the sound is anything like the Blood Orange album, which I'm really enjoying right now, then perhaps I'll give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Been ripping the new self titled Yellowcard album in lieu of their final farewell tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X