What song are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Leija View Post
    Heard their new single a few days ago on Ft. Worth red dirt station. I managed to dig through and find it on soundcloud

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url...se&visual=true
    Much appreciated. I knew they were wrapping up a new album. I don't get much red dirt radio up here in Michigan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
      Much appreciated. I knew they were wrapping up a new album. I don't get much red dirt radio up here in Michigan lol.
      sucks for you I can throw a rock in any direction and get some live red dirt any given Thursday-Sunday

Comment

Stevie Wonder (Sir Duke)
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Courtney Barnett - "Elevator Operator"

Comment

Pompeii, by Bastille its good I feel

Comment

Looking for a recommendation here. Anyone hear of the Von Bondies? If so, can anyone recommend any similar music? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                Looking for a recommendation here. Anyone hear of the Von Bondies? If so, can anyone recommend any similar music? Thanks.
                I'm not super familiar with them, but from what I do know, if you like them you will probably enjoy the Libertines or Dirty Pretty Things (kind of a successor to the Libertines). Both are roughly contemporaneous rock outfits. Or, you could just listen to the Stooges or the New York Dolls, which seem like obvious influences on all of the above.

Comment

If you're not already familiar with them, I would give The Exploding Hearts a listen. They're going to be on the poppier side of the garage rock spectrum compared to the Von Bondies (at least from what I've head, which is mostly 'C'Mon C'Mon and a handful of other songs), but hopefully similar enough that you dig them.

(And the Stooges and the Dolls are never a bad idea either, maybe look into Johnny Thunders/The Heartbreakers as well)
                  “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                  "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

Metallica - The Unforgiven. Takes me back to high school.
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing. Going camping in a couple days and I consider this easy listening camp music

Comment

Billy Joel (Keeping the Faith)

Comment

80ies hair metal is in heavy rotation at the moment. Crue, Whitesnake, etc.

Comment

80ies hair metal is in heavy rotation at the moment. Crue, Whitesnake, etc.
                              Nice. At the time I've been going to the gym for the last few weeks, Guns N Roses has been in heavy rotation. I've quite enjoyed it.

Comment

Yeah Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction is definitely one of my three desert albums. Too bad they had to implode as badly as they did. Still a damn fine band though.

Comment

Working...
                                X