X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - The Good Son

http://youtu.be/NtRvH2GWurE

Comment

New albums from Future Islands and War on Drugs.

Future Islands are certainly not for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ee4bfu_t3c

I saw these guys at a small club in Denver a few years ago, and the frontman was this theatrical the ENTIRE SHOW. It was amazing.

If you're not aware of NPR's First Listen, you're welcome:

http://www.npr.org/series/98679384/first-listen/

You can stream new records for free a week in advance of their release date.

Comment

New albums from Future Islands and War on Drugs.
        Big fan of the new War on Drugs album. I plan on checking them out in a couple of weeks when they come to town.

Comment

Starlight - Muse

Comment

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica

Been on a bit of an early Metallica kick as of late.

Comment

Comment

terrible muzak while I wait for a phone call to end.

Comment

Rolling Stones - "Dead Flowers"

Whenever there is a Triple Crown race, I always think of it. "... making bets on Kentucky Derby day."

Comment

The Hunger Games sound track - really well done, I'd say.

Comment

Been digesting the new Sharon Van Etten album while traveling for work the past couple of days, a really really stunning piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                        Been digesting the new Sharon Van Etten album while traveling for work the past couple of days, a really really stunning piece of work.
                        Agreed. Love her music. 'Love More' from her previous album is what first called her to my attention. Also been listening to a lot of Mazzy Star lately.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          Agreed. Love her music. 'Love More' from her previous album is what first called her to my attention. Also been listening to a lot of Mazzy Star lately.
                          Haven't heard any of the recent Mazzy Star stuff, but love the 90's stuff and her work with the JAMC. Think I may be going up to Cleveland to see Sharon Van Etten later this month for her current tour. Been quite a few other female artists on regular rotation for me lately; Angel Olsen, Cate Le Bon, Wye Oak (a female lead anyway.) Lots of good stuff going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Julio P. View Post
                            "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica

Been on a bit of an early Metallica kick as of late.
                            The early albums are the only thing worth listening to from these guys. They totally suck now and are the most un-metal band out there. How the mighty have fallen

Comment

Mastodon - Oblivion

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X