X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepetito
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    I saw them on a One For The Kids tour. I went to see a band called The Lawrence Arms in Cleveland and YC opened for them and I was hooked after that. The violin hooks everyone. I probably saw them 5-6 times but nothing recent. I can't recall the last live show I went to but I am thinking it might have been 2009.
    Ryan said they are playing across all albums on the tour. Would love to hear October nights again.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    It's kind of bittersweet for me going to their farewell tour show in a month. I've seen them probably eight times over the past 15 years. Similarily to you, I saw them when I was a freshman in college in a grungy place in Grand Rapids, MI in a crowd of maybe 50 at most (this was literally days after Ocean Avenue came out and no one knew who they were yet). After the show we shot the bull with Ryan and LP (drummer). They just walked into the crowd after they were done to sign autographs and bs. The new album is quite good if your still into that kind of music. Even now, I still cant get enough of the violin.
    I saw them on a One For The Kids tour. I went to see a band called The Lawrence Arms in Cleveland and YC opened for them and I was hooked after that. The violin hooks everyone. I probably saw them 5-6 times but nothing recent. I can't recall the last live show I went to but I am thinking it might have been 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    It's kind of bittersweet for me going to their farewell tour show in a month. I've seen them probably eight times over the past 15 years. Similarily to you, I saw them when I was a freshman in college in a grungy place in Grand Rapids, MI in a crowd of maybe 50 at most (this was literally days after Ocean Avenue came out and no one knew who they were yet). After the show we shot the bull with Ryan and LP (drummer). They just walked into the crowd after they were done to sign autographs and bs. The new album is quite good if your still into that kind of music. Even now, I still cant get enough of the violin.

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    I used to be a huge Yellowcard fan. I remember seeing them in some random basement in Cincinnati where cover was like $5 where they just sort of hung out until it was their "turn" to play then they came out of the audience, played, then came and hung back out.

My most recent album purchases were Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere and Blink-182 - California. I have been going back and listening to some older punk rock like The Bouncing Souls, Rancid, Goldfinger, and the like. It takes me back to my irresponsible high school days of going to shows on school nights and telling everyone else their music sucked. I cringe at my old self.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
    Been ripping the new self titled Yellowcard album in lieu of their final farewell tour.
    I used to be a huge Yellowcard fan. I remember seeing them in some random basement in Cincinnati where cover was like $5 where they just sort of hung out until it was their "turn" to play then they came out of the audience, played, then came and hung back out.

My most recent album purchases were Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere and Blink-182 - California. I have been going back and listening to some older punk rock like The Bouncing Souls, Rancid, Goldfinger, and the like. It takes me back to my irresponsible high school days of going to shows on school nights and telling everyone else their music sucked. I cringe at my old self.

Leave a comment:

• Pepetito
    replied
    Been ripping the new self titled Yellowcard album in lieu of their final farewell tour.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Frank Ocean? Can't say I've heard of him. But if the sound is anything like the Blood Orange album, which I'm really enjoying right now, then perhaps I'll give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• Useknifeonly
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obd0Von9EB8

Leave a comment:

• Terminado
    replied
    I think you'll dig it if you liked the singles, [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION].

And on the note of the Blood Orange album, I've recently been listening to Frank Ocean's new record, Blonde.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION] I was going to give the album a listen/preview via iTunes later today. If I like what I hear, I'll be picking it up.

My most recent purchase has been this:

Blood Orange Freetown Sound. Quite enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• thedrake
    replied
    St. Vincent - Birth in Reverse

Leave a comment:

• Terminado
    replied
    [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] the full Joyce Manor album is out now. Have you heard it it? And if so what are your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• aramainep
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqCFWgoO7g

It's a sweet song

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Dan Lissvik. Kind of house/trance type stuff. Think Theivery Corporation. Just starting to get in to it.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    Metallica's new single, "Hardwired." Good lord; bringing back the old school sound, and I ain't mad at all. Here's hoping for a tour date within 5 hours of Charlotte!

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Thanks [MENTION=15132]Terminado[/MENTION]. I heard about them while listening to the podcast All Songs Considered. The one track I heard was enough to sell me. Now I'm looking at getting some of their albums off iTunes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X