Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of the online rebates sites legitimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any of the online rebates sites legitimate?

I have seen some people post here about online rebate sites they use to get some cash back on purchases made. I think mrrebates.com is one I have seen posted here.

Are any on these sites actually legitimate? Which ones do people suggest?

I've used MrRebates.com and FatWallet.com and gotten paid out by both. I've occasionally had problems getting my purchases credited, but I've heard that if you send them an email it's usually taken care of. I haven't found out myself because the few times it's happened the rebate was only a dollar or two so I didn't bother.

One thing to note is that neither site generally credits purchases made using a discount code, but there are exceptions. Sometimes there are discount codes listed on the site that are eligible for the rebate, and I've noticed that sometimes one site has a discount code and the other doesn't, so check both before buying.

Comment

I normally use the two listed by trash plus ebates.com. I usually go to evreward.com first to figure out which rebate site offers the highest percentage at the store that I want, and then I click through from the highest percentage site.

Comment

I've used mrrebates, ebates, fatwallet, and cc like discover when they have 5% cb on for some retailers. I do like Juan, though I use cashbackholic for comparing.

Comment

@Juan and Mixto thanks for the tips on sites to compare al of them fwiw I've only used ebates and haven't had a problem getting cash back from them

Comment

I use ebates.com, and just got my first check from them - I'd definitely say it's worth it. If anyone is looking to sign up for a cash-back site and wants to help a Dappered fella out, my referral link is: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=QIv57GWt08KlAUwgefDwrg%3D%3D

Comment

I just cashed out around $90 from fatwallet's cashback. Definitely not a scam - they get a % affiliate commission for driving the sale and kick back part of it to you as cashback.

Comment

If you do any travel at all, I highly recommend collecting frequent flyer miles instead of cash back. It's not hard to get 3-10 cents worth of value out of each mile. Most airlines have their own shopping mall where you can click through to retail sites.

Comment

Working...
                X