Weekend Dappered discussion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Dappered discussion....

I've noticed that alot of you guys have office type jobs. I'm guessing alot of the cloth you buy/wear are for work, or most of them. Lucky or unlucky for me, I've got a blue collar job,auto mechanic, I metioned this in my firt posted thread. We have uniforms, and instead of an office and desk I've got a toolbox,bench and a lift. Suede wingtips just won't work here,haha.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Where any nice cloth is usally worn on the weekends or after work for a few hours? Since we speand so much of our lives at work, for me mon-fri 8-5 and a few sats 8-3. I just feel like I dont need 4-5 suits, I dont need whole lot of ties. Know what I mean? I'm not gonna put on Allen Edmonds, with a 3 piece suit,tie, pocket square and head to work. Just wondering, thats all.

I'm in the same boat. I work as a programmer, but in a blue collar office. We hire plumbers, electricians, etc. Most of the guys just wear the company work shirt, even the boss. I'm not even sure he own a suit.

Comment

I work with Kindergarteners and 1st Graders with special needs. Nice clothes at work is a terrible idea. I just try to keep my casual wardrobe well-stocked and well put together. But mostly things I can just throw in the wash. I tend to change after work and dress nicer on the weekends.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Not quite the same situation, but as a student, I would stand out like a sore thumb if I dared to wear a 3-piece suit. So my desired wardrobe is just classic casual pieces, up to business casual if I'm feeling risky. :P

Comment

I agree with thmage. I'm a student too, and he's exactly right about sticking out like a sore thumb if you wear anything too "fancy" for school. It is said that people dress better at my university than others, but I just don't see it...

Comment

So many workplaces are casual nowadays that it's hard to dress up without sticking out, which can be a good or bad thing. My office is a jeans and polo type of place, and on top of that is almost entirely male, so "dressing up" for me is a button down shirt and non-athletic shoes. I instead try to make up for it on the weekends, but I need to try harder to actually have weekend plans to actually deliver on that

Comment

For me, it's pretty much as trash said, except you replace the polo with t-shirt, but 90% of the employees (both men and women) dress exactly like the the Mac guy in the "Mac vs PC" ads, then you get 5% who dress with an untucked BD with black patent leather slip-ons, and finally the sales who are in the office twice a months and more business casual with a no-tie suit, and loafer/moccasins.

Comment

I'm in a similar boat as ThatFlaco. My current work is growing orange trees in a greenhouse. We have a uniform service, so I change clothes when I get to work and when I leave. I still don't wear anything overly nice to go to work in. I use what I've learned on Dappered in the evenings and on the weekends.

I know that very few professions involve wearing a suit everyday, but how many suits are needed for a professional setting? Can a suit be worn more than once in a week without looking like you're wearing the same thing over?

Comment

Working...
                X