Oh so happy right now (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so happy right now (:

Just thought I'd share the news (as it will be more appreciated here than by my friends, who don't quite grasp the significance) that I have received the perfect college summer job as a freshman! It's a little too early for me to be doing internships, so I just applied for typical college student jobs and managed to snag a position at J Crew (: 50% discount on 5 items a month, plus all items on sale, then 30% off everything else. I'm looking to just fill my wardrobe with basics (I'm too small to fit into their suits), but any pointers on what the 50% off discounts could be best used on? I'm not working on a massive budget, just pretty much what I'll make this summer.

So far my main priority is this, after I saw how good it looked on BenR:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...7485/37485.jsp

Congrats! It sounds like you're not going to make any money this summer, though.

Comment

Oh absolutely not, if anything I'll make a net loss.

Comment

Close are great and all, but are ya gonna hang out in a Jcrew store all summer just to make money to spend at Jcrew? You are a freshman in college, live it up!

Comment

It's only part-time and a mile from my house, so it's not too bad. Plus the "net profit" thing was a joke! I need to work to pay for books and tuition for the school year, I'm just happy that I got a job where it'll allow me to get some things at a discount (:

Comment

I had full summer jobs throughout my entire college career. Some years, I had a full time and an additional part time. "Living it up" is all well and good unless you're broke and have to sit at home, anyway. *shrug*

Comment

I don't know about other people, but I'm a pretty big fan of JCrew's tshirts. I have a few of their tall slim fit crew necks and love them for the (albeit now rare) occasions I don't wear a buttondown.

Comment

Not too early to try for an internship, haha. Anyways, congrats! Sounds like you're gonna have a good time working there.

Comment

haha Alan, I didn't mean don't work. I spent my fair share of college nights delivering chinese food. I mean don't waste your beer money on Jcrew clothes!

Comment

Man, maybe I should get a part time evening job at Jcrew

Comment

Damnit, Hardrain... Now I want some Chinese food...

Comment

Haha, not me, I got my fill in college

Comment

Working...
                        X