Fall/Winter Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Some great recipes here http://www.valetmag.com/living/food-...als-102016.php

I cooked the chicken tikka masala earlier this week and it turned out quite well.
    I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I tried a new chicken tikka masala recipe last night, and it came out pretty bland. Next time I get a hankering for it, maybe I'll remember to give this recipe a shot.

Did you stick to the recipe? How spicy to you like things? (My first thought reading through the recipe was to up the garam masala a bit.)

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Some great recipes here http://www.valetmag.com/living/food-...als-102016.php

I cooked the chicken tikka masala earlier this week and it turned out quite well.
      I don't know how I missed this! Sorry, and thanks for posting!!

Comment

Can anyone recommend a great crock pot that they use? I stopped using my crockpot awhile back because it seemed to overcook everything even if it was cooked for less time than was called for or food came out very dry. I like it because of the convenience but I must not be using the right brand?

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post
        Seconded for the Valet link! I occasionally check in with that site (in particular I find they have some cool interior decorating tips -- some are expensive, but not too difficult to hack on the cheap if you're crafty about it), but must have missed this one! I, too, am all about the crock pot come this time of year.

You can easily make pulled pork in a CP, or even a shredded bbq beef. Take a pork shoulder or pot roast and toss it in with a bottle of your favorite BBQ, and then let it cook on low for like 5-6 hours (depending on the size of the meat, and the heat of your settings. Though, tbh, I usually start mine around 7:30/am when I leave for work and then let it go until 6/6:30pm when I get home--my CP has a "warm" setting that works super well for this). It should shred up nicely after that!

I'm loving the recipes, all! A lot of good variations on chili. Anybody here like lentils? I've subbed in those for meat, or even just added them in addition to everything else. I grew up with them, and love them in all forms!

Comment

Originally posted by hapablap View Post
          Can anyone recommend a great crock pot that they use? I stopped using my crockpot awhile back because it seemed to overcook everything even if it was cooked for less time than was called for or food came out very dry. I like it because of the convenience but I must not be using the right brand?
          Just don't cook it as long. I personally love any non-digital crock pot with a wall timer like this
          https://www.amazon.com/Woods-50006-2...s_6291360011_2
          You can set it up to cook for how long you want it to. Bear in mind, crock pots are meant to retain heat very well, so there will always be residual cooking after it turns off. Plan accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by 07Rams View Post

I'm loving the recipes, all! A lot of good variations on chili. Anybody here like lentils? I've subbed in those for meat, or even just added them in addition to everything else. I grew up with them, and love them in all forms!
            Sadly, I don't get to cook anything at college, but I was raised eating lentils frequently, and especially like them in addition to meat in soups.
            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by hapablap View Post
              I have a basic one from Amazon, CrockPot brand, that I got for like, $40 (if that). It works like a champ!

Also, the use of the crockpot liners is a miracle. Makes life so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I tried a new chicken tikka masala recipe last night, and it came out pretty bland. Next time I get a hankering for it, maybe I'll remember to give this recipe a shot.

Did you stick to the recipe? How spicy to you like things? (My first thought reading through the recipe was to up the garam masala a bit.)
                I like my meals with a bit of a kick/some heat. The tikka masala recipe in the above Valet link is tasty but it is not very hot. The next time I make it (for I will make it again) I'll have to add some heat to it. Adding some more masala is definitely a way to do it But don't be swayed from giving the recipe a try though. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X