Valentines gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentines gift ideas

I am struggling this year trying to come up with a gift for my wife. We have a baby on the way in 6 weeks, so we are trying to be somewhat frugal. But that being said, I need to get her something, maybe 100 bucks or less in price. I was thinking maybe some pearl earrings would be nice, and I could get some halfway decent ones inside my budget.

So what are you guys doing for your SOs?

I was thinking the exact same thing with pearl earrings, any suggestions on where to look?

This is my first valentine's day with my girlfriend....

Comment

i am far from a jewelry expert but i was browsing through this website.

I looked at Amazon but i am pretty leery of that place when it comes to something like this. Not that I'm spending thousands of dollars but it seems like there's going to be a higher probability of fake or poor quality jewelry on Amazon, and I want a good value.

Comment

For pearls, I have given out this 8-9mm pair from Tiffany's to at least 3 different people. For $225 they are nice, there are smaller for $200 or larger for $300. Plus if they are fans of the blue box, you are golden.

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earri...upsearchcheck=

Since we have our anniversary on February 1, we skip Valentine's day. Not only is it the worst night to go out to eat but everything is overpriced. But since it is close enough, my wife got me a hiking backpack for our soon to be baby and I got her a chicken coop she has wanted (suburban farming here we come!). Not glamorous but it fits the bill.

Comment

Tiffany's might be a bit out of my price range, but I will check out the other site and amazon.

Any other suggestions for me (I want to make the first valentine's present memorable!)

P.S. Sorry if my questions hijack the OP's thread

Comment

Originally posted by ashwin View Post
            Tiffany's might be a bit out of my price range, but I will check out the other site and amazon.

Any other suggestions for me (I want to make the first valentine's present memorable!)

P.S. Sorry if my questions hijack the OP's thread
            no worries man, I was sick of racking my brain for the perfect gift idea and just ordered these. if you enter in LOVE20 you get 20% off.

Comment

For my wife's birthday, 4 weeks before being due with our first child, I wanted to give her something just for her, nothing family or baby related. I got her a silver tiffany's necklace with her initial. I think it was around $150.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                For my wife's birthday, 4 weeks before being due with our first child, I wanted to give her something just for her, nothing family or baby related. I got her a silver tiffany's necklace with her initial. I think it was around $150.
                yeah, we are getting so much baby and house stuff right now. And she asked me for sneakers... I may not be the most romantic dude in the world, but I'm not buying her reeboks for valentines day!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                  yeah, we are getting so much baby and house stuff right now. And she asked me for sneakers... I may not be the most romantic dude in the world, but I'm not buying her reeboks for valentines day!
                  Hah, no joke, it's now 4 years later and I actually thought about buying her a pair of sneakers for this Valentine's day.

Comment

Is this the new Valentine's Day general thread for gift suggestions?

I think I over-did it with the first Christmas I had with the girl I'm seeing by getting her a Kate Spade bracelet and now I'm struggling for how to up the ante for the first Valentine's Day. Pearl Earrings sound like a good idea and according to the Gentleman's Gazette, you can find some around $50. Another idea I'm thinking of are a Build-a-Bear Pterodactyl (there's a significance there that involves a dream she had where I made her buy a miniature pterodactyl...) and that may have more sentimental value than earrings.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                      Is this the new Valentine's Day general thread for gift suggestions?

I think I over-did it with the first Christmas I had with the girl I'm seeing by getting her a Kate Spade bracelet and now I'm struggling for how to up the ante for the first Valentine's Day. Pearl Earrings sound like a good idea and according to the Gentleman's Gazette, you can find some around $50. Another idea I'm thinking of are a Build-a-Bear Pterodactyl (there's a significance there that involves a dream she had where I made her buy a miniature pterodactyl...) and that may have more sentimental value than earrings.
                      Sure, let this be the gift thread.

I got my wife a Kate Spade bracelet the Christmas before last! She wears that thing constantly.

Comment

For jewelry, I like to find one-off handmade pieces on Etsy, especially in sterling silver. The variety of styles and designs is so much wider and more eclectic than you'd find in a store and the pricing is generally quite fair. Quality will obviously vary based on the maker but the stuff I've bought has all been a lot more solid than the flimsy, mass-produced stuff you find from Amazon or wherever.
                        Ben

Comment

I generally try to find things where the person receiving the gift wouldn't normally spend money on, and then get something pretty nice in that category. In my mind, it means they're more likely to hold onto it for longer, and it'll keep 'giving', so to speak for longer. My SO was going on a January trip to Cali (and vowed to lay out on the beach, even if it was chilly), so I did a themed gift for Christmas -- a nice beach towel in a cool pattern, a gift card for a trendy/pricey swim suit maker, some lip balm she loves and a some sunscreen. Towel and gift card were above the price she'd normally spend on those items (if she'd buy a new one of either at all), plus the smaller stuff made it tie together, which I think she appreciated. She'll continue to use the towel and bikini for years most likely.

Comment

Hey to the poster who suggested pearl earrings, that's a great idea. Where were you thinking of purchasing them?

Comment

Just ordered one of these guys for my SO. We'll see how it goes over.

Comment

Working...
                              X