Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    Outback. I love my Subaru. After being a Honda driver for years and years, I took a chance and moved to a Subaru. Definitely couldn't be happier. I probably could have gone for the 6, but the 4 banger does a nice job.

Leave a comment:

• burban
    replied
    I've had a Jeep Patriot for the past 5 years. Other than some fairly expensive brake work this past summer, it's been hassle free and drives well. The only thing I would change is to put a V-6 engine in it. The four cylinder does not give it a lot of get up and go.

Leave a comment:

• bernanke
    replied
    I haven't driven either but if I was in the market the CX5 and Subaru Outback would be the first I checked out for most of the reasons mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• Johdus
    replied
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    Last edited by Johdus; December 24, 2015, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha King
    replied
    The outback is pretty nice. I have like 3 friends with outback they've bought in the past two years. If i needed a larger car i would go for the outback, they still handle like cars.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    When I was looking earlier, Subaru had the best package for price/efficiency/features/reliability. I was looking at the Forester, Outback, and XV Crosstrek. Honda CRV was the runner-up.

Leave a comment:

• drzenitram
    replied
    We bought a Chevy Equinox because the price was right and it fit our family well. If our budget were a little higher I would have wanted the Mazda CX-5. The CX-5 is peppy, looks awesome vs. the competition(in my opinion), gets the best or close to the best gas mileage in its class, and has all the other little features you'd want.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    escape is superior to all of these japanese cars in quality and price.
    Some would disagree.

Leave a comment:

• evanparker
    replied
    escape is superior to all of these japanese cars in quality and price.

Leave a comment:

• facelessghost
    replied
    My brother has a Forester and he loves it. I have a RAV4 and I love it. Both see plenty of miles on snowy mountain roads here in Utah.

The RAV4 is a 2007 with nearly 200k miles, and it's never had a serious mechanical issue. The Forester is a few years old, so I can't speak to it's durability, but it's been problem free so far.

Leave a comment:

• Rocco
    replied
    Everything I have read says that Subaru's AWD system is superior to Honda's. Also, Subarus hold their value very well, especially in the snowbelt and northeast. I'd go Forester in your case, but I also think you can't go wrong with Honda or Mazda. My sister-in-law has a CX-5 that has been great. Check out the XV Crosstrek as well, but if you're concerned about size then just go with the Forester. Forester and Crosstrek are both available with stick+AWD if that makes a difference to you.

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    Originally posted by Johdus View Post
    I've driven a Mazda 3 for the past 5-6 years and love it. But it's getting a bit too cramped.

I have not yet driven a CX-5. What do you like about it?
    I haven't actually driven the new CX-5, but I just love how Mazda redesigned their lineup. Haven't been paying attention to Mazda lately until I saw a few models on the road, and the CX-5 was a head turner.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna are supposed to be pretty good. One of my colleagues has the odyssey with awd. I realize those are minivans.

Leave a comment:

• Johdus
    replied
    Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Have you checked out the Mazda CX-5? I love what they've done with it.
    I've driven a Mazda 3 for the past 5-6 years and love it. But it's getting a bit too cramped.

I have not yet driven a CX-5. What do you like about it?

Leave a comment:

• devastitis
    replied
    Originally posted by Johdus View Post
    The family is outgrowing our current car so I've been looking to get something a bit more roomy with AWD to handle northeast winters. I've test driven a Subaru Forrester and Honda CR V so far. Both seem like fine vehicles.

Any recommendations out there? Budget is about 25K.
    Have you checked out the Mazda CX-5? I love what they've done with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X