Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=2954]bonzo[/MENTION] +1 on that Dark O' the Moon. I had the brew the last time I was south of the border and loved it. A shame they were bought by Budweiser though.

[MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION] some good suggestions there. I'll have to keep my eye out/open for them. That Imperial Pumpkin Ale sounds really tasty/good.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    Not a huge pumpkin beer guy, but I love a good Octoberfest, esp the ones that follow true German marzen style.
    Sierra Nevada makes a great one, and Olde Meck here in Charlotte makes one of the best in the world

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    As far as pumpkin beers go, I suggest the following:

Southern Tier Pumking - tastes like liquid pumpkin pie.
    Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Nice pumpkin notes and all the usual fall spices
    Avery Rumpkin - Pricy at around ~$14 for 12oz, but very good. It's a whopper at 17%abv and semi-hard to find.

Probably my favorite at the moment though is Ballast Point Pumpkin Down. It's a Scottish ale with subtle gourd flavors. The pumpkin and spices are there, but not in your face. It's very nice. This is the pumpkin beer to try if you don't think you like pumpkin beers.

Leave a comment:

• bonzo
    replied
    Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
    Elysian Dark O' the Moon

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Anyone found any good pumpkin beers out their way they can recommend? Or any type of winter ales?

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Ohh, that Oatmeal stout is calling my name...

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    Originally posted by theskillets View Post
    My three favorite craft breweries: Liquid Mechanics, Upslope and Lefthand. The Colorado craft brewing scene is excellent!

I travel to Denver for business occasionally and I never want to leave. Next time I go, I may bring an empty suitcase just to haul beer back to NC. lol

Leave a comment:

• theskillets
    replied
    My three favorite craft breweries: Liquid Mechanics, Upslope and Lefthand. The Colorado craft brewing scene is excellent!

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Apologies for the double post. But I had to share this photo of a beer I'm currently enjoying on the patio. I bought it because it was a porter only to catch the name later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    [MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] I know they have been bought by Labatt Breweries (a large Corp brewery) Mill Street Brewery does nice beer. Or at least they did. I haven't had any of their beer since Mill Street sold out.

Leave a comment:

• mmgfarb
    replied
    Craft beer thread

I'm currently in Toronto until Tues, anyone have any recommendations for some good local brews? I prefer strong IPA's but I pretty much drink everything else also.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    So I just came back from a roadtrip to Yellowstone national park. Hit many places in between and tried my best to sample the local brews. Where I thought about it I did my best to take some pics. And here, in no particular order, are some of what I had to drink.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    I had Wicked Weed's Coolcumber beer for the first time the other day. It's not bad at all. It isn't overly cucumber-y like many others. I'll drink it again if I can find it.

Other summer favorites have been Terrapin Hi-5 IPA and Saison Dupont (which I guess probably isn't "craft", but I never really had it before this summer, and I like it quite a bit).

Leave a comment:

• JPD Revised
    replied
    [MENTION=13397]pjanastasi[/MENTION] mentioned Oberon, which is one of my favorites as well and which you also might like, [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]. Since that's made in Michigan as opposed to Missouri, I'm guessing that it would be a little easier to find in Canada.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X