Looking for a good beard trimmer / electric shaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good beard trimmer / electric shaver

So my old Philips Norelco beard trimmer is finally starting to give up, so I'm looking for a replacement. I keep my beard relatively short (not stubble / 5 o'clock shadow short, but also not hipster/can-hide-things-in-it long). I could easily buy another PN, but figured I would ask around since a bunch of you guys also sport some facial hair. I'm not really constrained by prices, given that it's something I use possibly more than any other gadget outside of my electronic toothbrush.

What does everyone use? Do any of you have one you really like? What do you like (and dislike) about it? TYIA.

I use the Philips Norelco one that Joe has plugged on the main site a few times. It's always worked pretty well for me - though I probably keep my beard a little longer than yours.

Comment

I too use/have the Philips Norelco. The clipper works well for me and I have no complaints.

Comment

Thanks guys -- it seems to be a pretty common suggestion across the interwebs, but figured I'd ask before buying one again.

Comment

I've also got the Philips. Only issue is the door for vacuumed trimmings swings open easily

Comment

I prefer using Braun series 7, very nice shaver for sensitive skin. I read the review of Braun serires 7 from the following website
            http://www.goodelectricshaver.com/be...ctric-shavers/

Comment

I bought a Wahl and couldn't be happier. It's way better than anything else I've tried, including the Phillips. It's not waterproof, but it has cut my trimming time to about a third of what it used to be.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also get about 5 trims to one charge. It's really great.

Comment

I have a Phillips model. I just did a search for it and it seems as though the model has been replaced. Which makes sense since I bought the thing three or so years ago. The closest model to it now is the Beard Trimmer Series 3000. I have no complaints. Does the job and doesn't butcher my face. I'd recommend it.

Comment

My dad was in the hospital and needed a razor for his beard, so I went a picked him up a cheap ~$20 Phillips Norelco Multi-groom set. I tested it out and loved it, so I bought myself one. I also have the One Blade, but I find it to be limited when I try and fade my beard to my sideburns as my hair grows. This set has a ton of guards; plus, I love the precision trimmer attachment of this one. I was definitely surprised that a $20 set would work so well.

Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000
                  We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

If you don't need it for actual shaving purposes, I can't recommend the Wahl Peanut Pro enough. It's corded, but that's never been an issue for me and it's just far more powerful than any cordless unit I've encountered.

Comment

I like using my Panasonic ER-GB40-S since it is compact and lightweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X