Cheapish in-ear headphones that sort of block sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapish in-ear headphones that sort of block sound

I've clearly left this too late, but my Skull Candies have just died, and I've got a long flight coming up on Friday. I can get the SC's replaced under the lifetime warranty, but that's going to take a while.

In the meantime the new Apple headphones just won't cut it. The SC's rubber buds helped block sound, which is crucial for plane travel and the Apple buds are terrible at that, and I find them uncomfortable. Any suggestions on cheapish buds (<$50) that are decent quality (both longevity and sounds) and will serve to block sound semi-effectively. They don't have to be noise cancelling, and in fact, I doubt I'll find any real noise cancelling one's I'll be happy enough to splurge on with this short notice.

They also need to be Amazon prime deliverable or available easily for purchase.

Too much to ask for? Probably.

I recommend getting a pair of decent earbuds, favorites for cheapish earbuds are the Klipsch S4s, but also investing in Comply Foam Tips. Those do a great job of blocking sound.

Comment

You could poke around head-fi.org's site to find some recommendations on cheapish in-ear buds.

The newest iteration of apple's earphones are actually some of the best you can get for ~$30 bucks (as much as a lot of audiophiles hate to admit it). What you might try is a cover for them, which should help the sound and comfort. Probably helps with sound isolation too but I have no idea how much.

http://www.amazon.com/EarSkinz-EarPo.../dp/B00OBSKO6C

Comment

I have a pair of Klipsch. No complaints and still serving me well after 3a. now.

Comment

Check out the Xiaomi Piston 2 or 3. They are super cheap at $15, block out a good amount of outside noise, and are awesome.
          Size Guide: 38R Suiting, 29" waist, 30" inseam, 37" chest, 32" sleeve, 15.5" neck

Comment

Working...
          X