Need some Mother's Day ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some Mother's Day ideas

Not sure what to get my wife or mom... what are you folks doing for that special mother in your life? I didn't really care for the ideas on the dappered front page...

Last month, I bought my parents tickets to see Seinfeld for my mom's birthday. The ticket prices were pretty hefty and she hates when I spend a lot of money, so I told her it would be for Mother's Day also. I'll probably just get her something small like a book/flowers.

I was looking for gifts for my wife today. I'll probably get her something that gets her out of the house for a few hours. She's a stay-at-home mom with a 2 year old attached to her hip, so I usually try to give gifts that provide her with some time to herself (e.g. some kind of spa treatment).

Comment

Ah spa treatment, not a bad idea. And I get offers from Gilt City about them too!

Comment

I always get flowers for my mom. Honestly, Mother's Day is one of those fakey, generic, industry-driven holidays that should probably die in a fire. I wouldn't go out of my way to get much more than flowers and a nice card unless the occasion is actually a truly special one - somebody's birthday, a celebration of a major life event, etc.

My GF isn't anybody's mother but I'm getting her these silver earrings from Etsy for an unrelated occasion.

IMO Etsy can be a great place to find unique, interesting, handmade, or vintage jewelry if you have the patience to sort the wheat from the chaff.
        Ben

Comment

That's a really great idea. I don't know... I agree with you, and I don't. I mean I tell my mom I love her and that I care, but I think it's nice to have a celebration of mothers in general. Last year I got her a decent bottle of wine and flowers. She seems like she appreciated it, but that bottle of wine is still on her wine rack... I have 2 really great experiences with etsy. I bought some grips for my pistol, and I made a miniature orrery. Etsy was litterally the only place on Earth I could find someone who made the planets the size I need to scale.

Comment

My mom is out of town so I am having flowers delivered. Card is already in the mail.

Comment

Working...
            X