LinkedIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn

It appears the Dappered user base comes from a wide variety of industries. I'm curious how many of you use LinkedIn, and what benefits or drawbacks you've found with the network.

I've been a member for a while and didn't find it beneficial at first. However, as I started searching for a new position, its advantages of connecting directly inside the companies I'm pursuing have been critical.

Also, if anyone wants to connect on there, here's my link. You never know how or when people can help each other professionally.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patricksutherlandmba

LinkedIn has been ideal in researching the backgrounds of local recruiters and hiring managers when conducting employer outreach. I prefer to reach out in person.

I also noticed LinkedIn has been buggy as of late after the site transitioned to a new layout.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliojpena

Comment

It has definitely been helpful in terms of having recruiters find me. I also have a lot of B-school contacts on LinkedIn who I'm probably wouldn't feel comfortable requesting on Facebook or other social platforms.

Comment

I get messages from recruiters for other companies every once in awhile. I've yet to really go the distance with any of the job prospects, but it's at least nice to get a little ego boost from time to time.

Comment

Going to echo the same comments. I keep up with former coworkers and bschool friends. Recruiters do occasionally reach out and I try to structure my profile so that they can find me. Have reached out to a couple of recruiters directly as well. Likewise, I haven't gone the distance with anyone yet.

Truthfully, I use it to keep tabs on people and compare career progress. The most active users on LinkedIn are people looking for work. The emails of job postings are helpful too. As I just started a new job, I'll probably not be on it as much for a while.

Comment

Like others I keep up with people from my past but my current job was through a recruiter on LinkedIn. Add me if you'd like: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joe-barwick/6/691/84b

I am not a fan of the new layout as it blends in sponsored content with normal content too easily. Also I don't care about your "only 0.5% people can figure out this pattern" pictures and such.

Comment

LinkedIn seems to be kind of hit and miss for me. I get (or used to get anyway) pinged by recruiters all the time. Especially if I changed my job status from working to look for opportunities. Or whatever.

Where I see the most benefit though is being able to keep tabs on my colleagues. It's good to know who has moved to what company and when. As a marketing tool I think it's pretty good.

Comment

It's been useful for me since I just changed industries. I get pinged on by recruiters fairly often but I thinks mostly because of the niche industry I am now in.

Comment

I like it for meeting new team members (getting an idea if I wasn't involved in the hiring process what they look like, strengths etc.) and who I'm meeting for interviews. I've found several slight differences keep me getting pinged with opportunities. One a nice picture (or so I try and two updating with what you are currently doing. What frustrates me are the connections I have that treat it almost like a tweener Facebook. It's not. I don't care how many people cannot get this math equation right or a funny meme. If interested in possible connections: www.linkedin.com/in/ScottCannonPMP just let me now from here!

Comment

Working...
                  X