So, uhh... Billox was Duvel, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, uhh... Billox was Duvel, right?

Mods, very sorry if this is an appropriate thread topic. I'll state outright I don't mean this in any way, shape, or form to be a personal attack.

But, uhh- they were definitely the same guy, right? I know at least one other poster noticed the similarities in posting style/traddish sensibilities.

If so, it's a shame, because I generally thought the WIWT posts added something to the forum. Unfortunately, the trademark snark was, well, rather less than helpful.

Again, if this kind of speculation is a no-no, please don't ban me, even if I do lurk more than post...
    --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Was he banned or something? (Billox?) I recall him getting rather pedantic the other day but I didn't see what was grounds for him being banned. If someone can fill me in, send a PM. Anyway, they could really be two different people because AAAC is filled w/ folks like that. It was just nice to have somebody who had that sort of sensibility.

Comment

It recently came to the mods' attention that the user called Billox was using that account to circumvent a ban on his older Duvel account. I personally believe in giving folks second chances, and in fact, the mods have previously lifted sanctions against members who sincerely requested it and modified their behavior to meet forum expectations. But going behind the forum owner's, admin's, and mods' backs by creating a second account to merely circumvent a ban on the first is not an acceptable way for a member to demonstrate that he or she will abide by forum expectations. For better or worse, the number of useful posts a member has contributed is only a small consideration when we determine whether that member has also engaged in ban-worthy behavior.

As always, we mods appreciate your questions and constructive feedback as well as your understanding that we are a small, volunteer force attempting to protect and cultivate a congenial and helpful forum atmosphere with minimal direction from the forum owner or administrator.
      Ben

Comment

Thanks for the info, LesserBlackDog. I think you've said before it's mod policy not to go into details about the reasons for specific bans, so I won't ask what Duvel finally did to get the boot. I will say that while his contributions while he was behaving were generally pretty good, I'm glad his, shall we say... idiosyncratic way of interacting with his fellow posters is not something I have to roll my eyes over anymore.
        --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Comment

To anyone that reads the ask andy trad forum it was obviously the same person. He was double posting WIWT pics. I was personally happy to have him back, as I enjoyed his style and most of his posts. Even the occasional snarkiness. I do agree with Ben though. I take it the Billox account was banned?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            It recently came to the mods' attention that the user called Billox was using that account to circumvent a ban on his older Duvel account. I personally believe in giving folks second chances, and in fact, the mods have previously lifted sanctions against members who sincerely requested it and modified their behavior to meet forum expectations. But going behind the forum owner's, admin's, and mods' backs by creating a second account to merely circumvent a ban on the first is not an acceptable way for a member to demonstrate that he or she will abide by forum expectations. For better or worse, the number of useful posts a member has contributed is only a small consideration when we determine whether that member has also engaged in ban-worthy behavior.

As always, we mods appreciate your questions and constructive feedback as well as your understanding that we are a small, volunteer force attempting to protect and cultivate a congenial and helpful forum atmosphere with minimal direction from the forum owner or administrator.
            Thanks for the transparency! I can understand your decision.

Comment

I have always enjoyed what he brought to the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                I have always enjoyed what he brought to the forums
                Same, and I've never been bothered by the snark (admittedly, none was directed at me). But creating a new account to get around a ban is pretty sketchy behavior, so the mods' decision makes sense to me.

Comment

Always was a big duvel fan. He brought a lot to this forum and he is missed.

Comment

Working...
                  X