No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of The Flop House. What's it about? Movie reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Never heard of The Flop House. What's it about? Movie reviews?
      Three guys reviewing bad movies. I think a couple of them are/were writers for the Daily Show.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        Three guys reviewing bad movies. I think a couple of them are/were writers for the Daily Show.
        Sounds like my kind of thing, subscribed!

Recently started listening to The Sporkful.

Comment

Just started the new season of You Must Remember This. The topic for this season is the Hollywood blacklist. A fascinating look in to the US paranoia around Communists and its impact on holiday. Episode one has been great.

Comment

Anyone who followed season 1 of Serial might want to tune in. The podcasters have gone back and are covering the trail. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Would you guys listen to a dappered podcast? http://dappered.com/2016/02/do-you-w...pered-podcast/

Comment

Honestly I'd rather Joe to just open up the comments on the articles. I think would be more interesting and spark more discussion. I've never been able to get into fashion podcasts as I find them to be a bit boring.

Comment

Just started listening to The Black Tapes. Kind of a creepy horror show podcast deal. I wasn't sure that I'd like it, but I'm getting in to it.

Comment

Just caught the teaser for the podcast Alice Isn't Dead.

The show is put on the same people who do Welcome to Nightvale. Based on the teaser this podcast seems quite interesting. Will definitely give it a listen.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], your inexhaustible appetite for podcasts is truly impressive. I'm probably at 120% podcast capacity (I'm basically inventing chores and trying to fit them in whenever possible). If a new compelling one came along (like Alice Isn't Dead...thanks a lot DocDave), I'm not sure what I would (will) do.

Comment

Oh, and here's another plug for The Memory Palace. These imaginative vignettes of historical characters (some you've heard of, most you haven't) are fascinating, often moving, and thought-provoking.

Host Nate Dimeo has really been hitting his stride lately. His descriptive prose really puts you there. His stories are full-fleshed and human and the stakes are palpable.

The last five or so have been uniformly great and some of the best work he has done. I've caught up on the back catalog and there is a lot of great stuff there, but if you're new to the podcast, just check out recent episode The Wheel and see if he doesn't just suck you in too.

Some may recognize Nate Dimeo from guest voiced Charlie Manson throughout the Charles Manson's Hollywood on You Must Remember This. His show is nothing like that one - except it is also great.

Comment

I just recently started listening to the "Hidden History of Los Angeles" podcast. It's obviously a bit of a niche area, but it's very well produced, super interesting, and comes in fairly quick bites, with most episodes being in the 15 minute range.

Comment

[MENTION=2598]redbeardedmike[/MENTION] Ha! Well if you've been following any of my postings of late, you'll notice that there have be NO updates to the 'what are you reading' post. That's because all of my time is now going in to podcasts. I definitely need to scale back what I'm listening to.

I keep hoping one of them will jump the shark so I can kill it, but so far that hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              I'm am avid podcast listener and am curious to know what podcasts other people find enjoyable. My favourites include:
                              • The American Life
                              • Welcome to Night Vale
                              • Planet Money
                              • Q from CBC Radio
                              I listen to The Fighter and The Kid and Joe Rogan Experience.
                              Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Comment

The Fighter and The Kid are new ones to me. What are they about?

Comment

Working...
                                X