No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, as a follow-up to my March post, The Memory Palace is my favorite new podcast. It's easy to fit in to a variable schedule as each episode is only 4-8 minutes.

Comment

Big fan of Serial, This American Life, Welcome to Night Vale, This Intelligence Squared and Real Time with Bill Maher .

Comment

Serial was/is awesome. I'm looking forward to season II. Anyone hear what the topic will be?

Comment

The episode of This American Life this past week was one of the better ones I'd heard. Check it out if you have the time.

Comment

The Memory Palace is now part of Radiotopia! Which is great for fans like me and some of you because they'll have more episodes. If you're considering of listening to it, listen to the Ferriswheel episode. It was also mention in last week's 99% Invisible episode.

Comment

I love "How Did This Get Made", the most recent episode about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time.

Comment

Just listened to Here Be Monsters last night. Man, was that ever a creepy podcast! If background on the Heaven's Gate cult interests you, give this podcast a listen.

Comment

Found some great new (well new to me) podcasts.

1. The Lapse - true stories told with amazing sound effects and soundtracks.
                  2. You Must Remember This - history of Hollywood legends (right now I'm listening to the history of the Manson Murders. VERY creepy and interesting)
                  3. Lore - myths, rumours, anything spooky that is founded in truth and fact.

Comment

I've really been enjoying "You Must Remember This" as well. The Manson series is really well done. Karina Longworth, the host/writer, is an interesting and thoughtful person herself. I recommend the Longform Podcast's interview with her.

Comment

Thirding You Must Remember this. It has been the background to all cooking projects this Fall as I catch up on the back catalog. I've recommended it to multiple people. It helps if you like movies, but I think really anyone could enjoy it.

Comment

What program do you guys use to listen to podcasts? I hear good things about Overcast, but I'm still using the default one that comes with my iPhone. Anyone using anything different?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          What program do you guys use to listen to podcasts? I hear good things about Overcast, but I'm still using the default one that comes with my iPhone. Anyone using anything different?
                          I use Pocket Casts. I like it but I don't really have much to compare it to. I basically selected it based on reading a few internet articles on podcast apps. From what i recall it sounded pretty well rounded.

Honestly, the stock app worked pretty well like 98% of the time. I had a few rare stability issues, but I think I got something knew out of boredom more than anything else.

Comment

I thought I'd give Overcast a shot. I read some good things on the interwebs. But you're right. The stock app does 98% of what I need in an app to do. However it does tend to forget what I'm subscribed too at times which I do find annoying.

Comment

I'm annoyed that thee new IOS seems to have done away with the Next/Skip button when listening to podcasts. Anyone else found this to be the case?

Comment

Radiolab this week is all about viruses that can not withstand antibiotics and how we are looking at solutions from the past for killer current day bugs. Very very informative and neat.

Also, I know I raved about this before, but the whole Manson Murders on You Must Remember This was amazing. Extremely well done and produced.

Comment

Working...
                                X