Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic
    replied
    BBC4 - In Our Time & A History of the World in 100 Objects are my current go-to commute podcasts.

-Vic

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but 30 for 30 (yes, the same from ESPN) has a podcast out. I've started listening to it and while I pick and choose which shows I follow/listen to, I am enjoying it.

I have dropped The Moth and the Art of Manliness from my rotation. I have way too many podcasts to listen to and I found that I never got around to listening to those ones. So they're out.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Dirty John from the LA Times. Really good.

Also, Snap Judgment's Spooked series has been pretty good, too.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    So as if I didn't have enough on my plate at the moment...

I came across this listing of horror podcasts: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/10/...asts-halloween and have quickly upped my ante of podcasts. I was already subscribing to some of them (like Lore) but have picked up some additional ones such as Lake Clarity.

I didn't subscribe to all of the podcasts listed by Vox, but I did add one or three. Interested to hear if any of you are either already listening to these podcasts or signed up for them too. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    I found some new podcasts after my search. They are more investing theory podcasts which has become more of a hobby than clothes as of lately. The 3 I like currently are The Med Faber Show, Invest Like The Best, and Masters In Business. These aren't beginner type podcasts so you almost have to have a little background in investing to truly enjoy them.

I will say podcasts have slowed down my running pace which is good. It has allowed me to have a more relaxed pace while running which is 30-45secs/mi slower than when running with music.

Finally, I can't listen to podcasts on 1.0x anymore. It is 1.5x or bust and some may need to be bumped up to 2x though I think a 1.6 or 1.7x would be the sweet spot for me but Apple doesn't offer this and I don't want to switch players.

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    I cannot say enough good things about The Magnus Archives (http://rustyquill.com/the-magnus-archives/

I never give money to any of the podcasts I listen to but I am seriously considering giving money to this show. I just find it that good and enthralling.

Do yourself a favour if you listen to this show. Listen to it with the lights off and in the dark. Start with the first one and then select some shows at random. Definitely can't wait for the latest episodes to hit my podcast catcher.
    I've listened to a bunch of these episodes over the last couple weeks and it's really entertaining. I was curious initially whether they'd stick to the boogeyman-of-the-week format or start weaving together a broader, interconnected mythology, but about a dozen eps in it seems like they're starting to lay the groundwork for some overarching plotlines. Very interested to see where that goes. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!

Leave a comment:

• Justang06
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Can't say I have any experience with this podcast, but thought I'd share it here in case you guys were familiar with it.

Balmo! http://putthison.com/post/1649780313...-landscape-for
    I started listening to Blamo last year and I have really enjoyed it! The newest episode with Sid Mashburn was especially good since I'm a big Sid Mashburn fan. It's been cool to hear the stories behind other brands like 3Sixteen, Eidos, Hodinkee, and Drakes. The podcast also features other people within menswear and technology worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Can't say I have any experience with this podcast, but thought I'd share it here in case you guys were familiar with it.

Balmo! http://putthison.com/post/1649780313...-landscape-for

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I cannot say enough good things about The Magnus Archives (http://rustyquill.com/the-magnus-archives/

I never give money to any of the podcasts I listen to but I am seriously considering giving money to this show. I just find it that good and enthralling.

Do yourself a favour if you listen to this show. Listen to it with the lights off and in the dark. Start with the first one and then select some shows at random. Definitely can't wait for the latest episodes to hit my podcast catcher.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied
    Just finished the latest hardcore history- man he is a great storyteller.

Leave a comment:

• thedrake
    replied
    I haven't listened to any other episodes, but this episode of Pseudopod features a story by William Gibson and is really really good. The narration wasn't my favorite, but the story shines through.
    http://pseudopod.org/2016/04/15/pseu...6-hinterlands/

Leave a comment:

• CJMichaelRay
    replied
    I have a couple of friends who just started a podcast called Redefine the Relationship. I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard a lot of good things from other friends.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Just picked up some more podcasts and depending on your listening styles, these ones kick ass!

Steal The Stars - in the fit on old time radio drama. This one is only two episodes in and it deals with a captured alien and (of course) some kind of gov't conspiracy. Loving it so far.

The Magnus Archives - Horror stories told in a 'true' format. Very creepy. Again. Loving it.

Limetown - Haven't listened to this one yet, but the premise is set as a radio drama. According to Wikipedia, the podcast is a Serial and the X-files. It is told by an investigative reporter looking in to the disappearance of a town of 300 people.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    If you're into politics and media, from a libertarian perspective, I just found "the fifth column" and I like it a lot. It features Matt Welch from Reason magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    RE increasing the speed of podcasts... This weekend on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, they discussed listening to podcasts at increased speeds. One of the the comments was to the effect of, S-Town, at normal speed is a dramatic look into crime, mental illness, and small-town America. But when the speed of the podcast is increased, S-Town becomes a show about a chipmunk getting his nipples pierced.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X