Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deke
    replied
    I finally decided to give Hardcore History a shot after hearing good reviews on the WWI episodes (Blueprint for Armageddon). As pretty much everyone else already knows, it's really good.

Leave a comment:

• APinNC
    replied
    Onnit, Aubrey Marcus, UMSO, Jocko, MFCEO, Joe Rogan, Dan Le Batard, Jordan Peterson

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    The New York Times Popcast. A music podcast that runs the gamut. Good music commentary.

Leave a comment:

• MediumTex
    replied
    I've been listening to a few recently:

R U Talkin' REM re: Me? with Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman. You have to really...no, REALLY...like REM to listen to this. But they do and they go through each album track by track. They started at the beginning and they're up to Automatic for the People. Very funny and very insightful. They started out covering U2 albums in this fashion and switched to REM.

From that podcast, I also learned about Song Exploder, where the artists who recorded a given song take you through each element (usually by listening to each track of the multitrack master) and what they were thinking when they were recording it, etc. Fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Charles
    replied
    I just started listening to The Rubin Report (a youtube show that's also available as a podcast). It's my new favorite. Honest, thoughtful political discussion with an emphasis on seeking the truth, even if it's uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• thedrake
    replied
    I've been listening to The Adventure Zone pretty much non-stop. I'm almost caught up on the whole show.

Leave a comment:

• Theodorokanos
    replied
    News:
    Up First from NPR

Career-related (I'm an urban planner):
    Strong Towns
    Third Wave Urbanism

Religion:
    Truth's Table
    Pass the Mic
    I also listen to the recorded sermons from a few churches.

History:
    The History of Rome
    The History of Byzantium

Entertainment:
    The Warm-Up w/ Max Rushden
    Live from the Poundstone Institute
    Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
    The Way I Heard It (Mike Rowe)
    S-Town (when it was on)

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Just finished Empire On Blood. It's a true crime/wrongful conviction investigation podcast that has a little less serious tone than most others. I really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• aramainep
    replied
    The Joe Rogan Experience
    The Fighter and The Kid
    Unqualified

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Awesome. Thanks [MENTION=11517]elpenguinoloco[/MENTION] I'll be sure to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• elpenguinoloco
    replied
    Haven't reviewed this whole thread to ensure it's not been suggested yet, but based on the last few recs it might go over well:

A Very Fatal Murder -- a spot-on satire of Serial, S-Town, and the like (which I listened to and loved). Brought to you by the good folks at the Onion. 8 episodes, but they're each 10-15 minutes so you can get through it in not much more than an hour.

Leave a comment:

• bassopotamus
    replied
    Hello From the Magic Tavern. I'm about halfway to caught up

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    That Was Then from BBC Radio. If you like British radio dramas/plays and especially those involving murder/mystery, this one is for you.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied
    New Hardcore History is out, usually one of my favorites but this one is a little too disturbing for me, only make it about 45 minutes into it before deleting.
    Atlanta Monster is good if you like the Serial sort of genre.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Knifepoint Horror podcast is a very good horror/story telling podcast. If you're in to story telling, and like to be scared at times, give this one a download. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X