No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to adding another vote for Serial...

The Art of Manliness (varies)
    Mad Dogs and Englishmen (politics)
    Ace of Spades podcast (politics)
    NPR Intelligence Squared (varies)

Barbell Shrugged (fitness/weightlifting)
    Jay Ferrruggia Show (lifting and men's lifestyle, but he veers into philosophy, which is interesting)

The Loopcast (national security/terrorism)
    Lawfare (legal side of national security)

Just found Philosophize This, which examines major philosophers and their ideas chronologically through history (starts pre-Socratic and he's up to David Hume) as well as specific topics like slavery. Really intrigued.

Comment

I'm on the fence with The Art of Manliness. I follow/am subscribed to the podcast but the amount of times that I listen to the podcast compared to the number of times that I download it and then delete the podcast is high. I've been looking for a good Dappered-style podcast but so far have been unable to come up with anything.

Comment

Albert Mohler "The Briefing" -- it is based on a Christian world view

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
          Just found Philosophize This, which examines major philosophers and their ideas chronologically through history (starts pre-Socratic and he's up to David Hume) as well as specific topics like slavery. Really intrigued.
          The Partially Examined Life is another good philosophy podcast (at least it is based on the couple of episodes I've listened to so far).

Comment

For radio dramas that have an off-kilter feel to them, I'm a big fan of Welcome to Night Vale. If you're in to old-timey radio shows, I recommend this one.

Comment

Originally posted by burban View Post
              Mad Dogs and Englishmen (politics)
              Ace of Spades podcast (politics)
              Love these two, wish MD&E came out more frequently but I assume Cooke's book-related stuff is eating into their podcasting time lately. I recently started listening to "GLoP" which is along the same lines if you're interested. Definitely going to be checking out Philosophize This.

Others:
              Sporadically listen to AoM, Welcome to Night Vale, HBR Ideacast, and Nerdist.
              Recently started to listening to Catholic Stuff You Should Know and Econtalk.
              “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
              "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Originally posted by wortman.scott View Post
                I love Bill Burr's Monday podcasts, if you're in to his style of comedy it's definitely worth a listen
                Ol' Billy Redface....Amazing that one guy sitting in his house with a microphone and no guests can be so consistently hilariously.

Comment

Mostly comedy, for me. My favorite was Analyze Phish (R.I.P. Harris Wittels).

Harmontown
                  Indoor Kids
                  U Talkin' U2 to Me?
                  Nerdist
                  Jalen & Jacoby
                  All Songs Considered
                  How Did This Get Made?
                  B.S. Report

Comment

Damn there are some good suggestions here. Now I just need to find the time to listen to them all.

Comment

paul f tompkins has a new one coming out in april, spontaneanation. I think it's going to be all improvised stories told by him and guests. looking forward to it.

Comment

History of Rome (most enjoyable podcast I have ever heard)
                        Revolutions (Made by the same guy who did History of Rome. He is doing a series on modern revolutions. So far has covered the English, American and French Revolutions)
                        Brain Science
                        Nature
                        Science Fridays
                        Discovery
                        Cracked.com
                        Stuff You Missed in History Class
                        Freakonomics

Comment

I am a podcast junkie and have been for a very long time. My list is pretty static and more centered on education versus entertainment for the most part.

The Protaganist - Interview series by the founder of Hugh & Crye
                          Father Z's Podcast - Great for Catholic seasons such as Advent and Lent
                          Autoblog
                          The Catholic Cafe
                          Catholic Stuff You Should Know - Really insightful and entertaining. Run by two priests in CO
                          F1Weekly
                          Chequered Flag - BBC F1 coverage
                          TheHourTime Podcast - Run by John Biggs and Ariel Adams (ablogtowatch.com) Watch Podcast
                          The Catholic Underground
                          The Alton Brown Cast - He seems to be taking a break due to his tour.
                          Antsmarching.org Podcast - DMB
                          Engadget - They haven't podcast in a long time
                          Serial.

Comment

Some great recommendations, thank you.
                            My all-time favorite is RadioLab. I give the weekly This American Life a preview, if the topic engages me, I listen. Snap Judgment is also one that is very underrated. Freakonomics, 99% Invisible, Planet Money, and for the fútbol afficionados, you have to listen to The Guardian's Football Weekly.

Comment

Serial
                              Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Collosal Podcast (if you're an old movie and TV buff, you'll love this).
                              Android Central

I'll have to check out How did this get made and Welcome to Nightvale.

Comment

Anyone know if Serial will be coming back?

Comment

Working...
                                X