Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBarwick
    replied
    There haven't been any good podcast episodes lately. Most are just run of the mill and I have went back and listened to older interviews that are sometimes mentioned. Also since my podcast list is piling up, I have a lower burden to skip an episode if I don't really care for the topic but like the podcaster.

Leave a comment:

• calexako
    replied
    I am a huge fan of The Cine-Files podcast with Steve Morris and John Rocha. Great breakdowns of films that are at least 10 years old. Definitely recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    I've been working my way through some of the archives of the BBC's In Our Time podcast - really well-done panel-style discussions of various historical, scientific, literary, musical, etc. topics.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by joekloo View Post
    Hey Carlitos - you might also like Listen In Podcasts - he interviews songwriters about lyrics. Really well produced. Joe
    Thanks. And wow there are a lot of them! I liked the one on Fixx - Red Skies at Night.

On the fashion note, there is a new George Hahn podcast out now. He hasn't been updating his podcast much in recent years. It's part one of a two-part interview he did with someone from NPR.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied
    New Hardcore History out today

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    I started listening to the music podcast Dissect. I love how he breaks down an album song by song but I have to listen to it on 1x instead of my standard 1.5x which takes longer...also my podcast queue is getting longer just like my book queue.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Ok, binged Dr. Death this weekend. Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

My next podcast of choice right now? Last Seen. All about a famous art heist that happened in Boston in 1990 that is still unsolved. A fascinating listen. Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.
    Hey Carlitos - you might also like Listen In Podcasts - he interviews songwriters about lyrics. Really well produced. Joe

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.

Leave a comment:

• joekloo
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
    +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.
    I binged this when I was on an overseas trip before Christmas and it was good. I still can't figure this one out, sociopath or just completely inept? I also listened to all the Happy Face episodes as well and that was good if you like that sort of podcast. Which brings to another sad point, why do I listen to these (throw in Dirty John and Serial), sometimes I creep myself out with what I choose to listen to.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Dr. Death hey? Cool. I've never heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• C.Dubs
    replied
    Originally posted by thedrake View Post
    My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.
    +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• thedrake
    replied
    My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.

Leave a comment:

• jonATL
    replied
    Good Place podcast, bros.

About to break into the Bitter Southerner podcast because I've heard it's pretty top shelf.

Leave a comment:

• MediumTex
    replied
    I've also enjoyed the Peter Attia Drive as well. He and his guests are able to talk about technical or complex topics in a very accessible way.

A few months ago, I was stressed at work and having trouble falling asleep, which is not usually a problem for me. Sleep With Me was recommended, and now I prefer it as I drift off. It is intentionally full of non-sequiturs and ramblings by the host, whose voice is best described, as he does, as "creaky, dulcet tones". Your brain doesn't have to follow a story and can just float into sleep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X