No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to come back an recommend the recent Peter Attia podcast with Paul Conti. It is just a smack in the face, brutally honest opinion on trauma, suicide, community, and self-compassion. It made my chest tighten while listening to it as I reflected on my own life. Damn...

Comment

• So I go on spurts of having a big queue and nothing at all. One recent pick up is the Dax Shepard "Armchair Expert." Just sort of entertaining celeb guy that just talk about anything really. It fills the time after work on the ride home when I am drained from thinking all day and don't want an intellectual podcast but just something to fill the space and maybe provide a laugh or two.

Comment

• Hey [MENTION=18582]joombo[/MENTION] how many episodes of Casefile have you listened to? I tried to listen to the very first episode, but felt the audio quality wasn't quite good enough so I ditched it about 5 mins in to the show.

Comment

• So I started listening to In The Dark seasons 1 and 2. I have eaten these things up! Reminds me a bit of Serial and it has hit quite a few Top Podcasts of 2018 lists.

Comment

• The City - a multi-part series about illegal dumping in Chicago. More interesting than it sounds?
            Trump, Inc. - ProPublica / WNYC investigative journalism into the President and his family business shenanigans.

Comment

• I've also enjoyed the Peter Attia Drive as well. He and his guests are able to talk about technical or complex topics in a very accessible way.

A few months ago, I was stressed at work and having trouble falling asleep, which is not usually a problem for me. Sleep With Me was recommended, and now I prefer it as I drift off. It is intentionally full of non-sequiturs and ramblings by the host, whose voice is best described, as he does, as "creaky, dulcet tones". Your brain doesn't have to follow a story and can just float into sleep.

Comment

• Good Place podcast, bros.

About to break into the Bitter Southerner podcast because I've heard it's pretty top shelf.

Comment

• My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                    My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.
                    +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.

Comment

• Dr. Death hey? Cool. I've never heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                        +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.
                        I binged this when I was on an overseas trip before Christmas and it was good. I still can't figure this one out, sociopath or just completely inept? I also listened to all the Happy Face episodes as well and that was good if you like that sort of podcast. Which brings to another sad point, why do I listen to these (throw in Dirty John and Serial), sometimes I creep myself out with what I choose to listen to.

Comment

• Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.

Comment

• Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                            Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.
                            Hey Carlitos - you might also like Listen In Podcasts - he interviews songwriters about lyrics. Really well produced. Joe

Comment

• Ok, binged Dr. Death this weekend. Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

My next podcast of choice right now? Last Seen. All about a famous art heist that happened in Boston in 1990 that is still unsolved. A fascinating listen. Highly recommended.

Comment

• I started listening to the music podcast Dissect. I love how he breaks down an album song by song but I have to listen to it on 1x instead of my standard 1.5x which takes longer...also my podcast queue is getting longer just like my book queue.

Comment

Working...
                                X