No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started listening to The Rubin Report (a youtube show that's also available as a podcast). It's my new favorite. Honest, thoughtful political discussion with an emphasis on seeking the truth, even if it's uncomfortable.

Comment

I've been listening to a few recently:

R U Talkin' REM re: Me? with Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman. You have to really...no, REALLY...like REM to listen to this. But they do and they go through each album track by track. They started at the beginning and they're up to Automatic for the People. Very funny and very insightful. They started out covering U2 albums in this fashion and switched to REM.

From that podcast, I also learned about Song Exploder, where the artists who recorded a given song take you through each element (usually by listening to each track of the multitrack master) and what they were thinking when they were recording it, etc. Fascinating.

Comment

The New York Times Popcast. A music podcast that runs the gamut. Good music commentary.

Comment

Onnit, Aubrey Marcus, UMSO, Jocko, MFCEO, Joe Rogan, Dan Le Batard, Jordan Peterson
          We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

I finally decided to give Hardcore History a shot after hearing good reviews on the WWI episodes (Blueprint for Armageddon). As pretty much everyone else already knows, it's really good.

Comment

I've been listening to a lot of Bill Burr's podcast lately. That guy is not only hilarious but offers intelligent and level-headed perspective on the things he talks about. Quite refreshing.

Comment

Picked up a couple of new podcasts recently.

BBC Music Introducing Mixtape - a great podcast with a whole lotta new music. Or at least new music to me. Highly recommend it.
                The Control Group - a radio drama set in a psychiatric hospital. It's really creepy and kind mystery/suspense like. Only one episode in.

Comment

New Hardcore History Episode 62 came out Saturday

Comment

The previous one on pain is really interesting.

Comment

Started listening to American Fiasco which is about the US 1998 World Cup run. Pretty interesting so far. Something different from my normal routine.

Comment

Thanks for the posters who mentioned The History of Rome. I'm about 120 episodes in, as I walk 30 minutes to work each day. I've really enjoyed it,and surprised somewhat that I'm still listening.

Comment

Just came across two KICK ASS podcasts.

Tumanbay - think of it as Game of Thrones only in audio format. Amazing. It' s a podcast between the BBC and Panopli
                          Wooden Overcoats - if you are a fan of British humour then this is the podcast for you. It's about a mortician and his sister. Then a competing mortician moves in next door and hilarity ensues.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                            Just came across two KICK ASS podcasts.

Tumanbay - think of it as Game of Thrones only in audio format. Amazing. It' s a podcast between the BBC and Panopli
                            Wooden Overcoats - if you are a fan of British humour then this is the podcast for you. It's about a mortician and his sister. Then a competing mortician moves in next door and hilarity ensues.
                            Panopli has some quality podcasts. I am still not to the point of paying for premium content but Panopli would be one I would subscribe to if there was a pay wall.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] yeah, I totally agree with you. In looking at my podcast feed, more and more of them are from Panopli.

Comment

So Serial is back on the 18th. Seems like an interesting concept this season.

One podcast that I would recommend is The Peter Attia Drive. He is an MD with a focus on longevity. He has been on the Joe Rogan podcast and another one I listen to. While it can get quite technical and nerdy, I quite like it. He had a recent one with a cosmetic type surgeon which promted me to take better care of my skin. The next day I ordered a few things for my face and upped my sunscreen game.

Comment

Working...
                                X