No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found some new podcasts after my search. They are more investing theory podcasts which has become more of a hobby than clothes as of lately. The 3 I like currently are The Med Faber Show, Invest Like The Best, and Masters In Business. These aren't beginner type podcasts so you almost have to have a little background in investing to truly enjoy them.

I will say podcasts have slowed down my running pace which is good. It has allowed me to have a more relaxed pace while running which is 30-45secs/mi slower than when running with music.

Finally, I can't listen to podcasts on 1.0x anymore. It is 1.5x or bust and some may need to be bumped up to 2x though I think a 1.6 or 1.7x would be the sweet spot for me but Apple doesn't offer this and I don't want to switch players.

Comment

• So as if I didn't have enough on my plate at the moment...

I came across this listing of horror podcasts: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/10/...asts-halloween and have quickly upped my ante of podcasts. I was already subscribing to some of them (like Lore) but have picked up some additional ones such as Lake Clarity.

I didn't subscribe to all of the podcasts listed by Vox, but I did add one or three. Interested to hear if any of you are either already listening to these podcasts or signed up for them too. Cheers.

Comment

• Dirty John from the LA Times. Really good.

Also, Snap Judgment's Spooked series has been pretty good, too.

Comment

• Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but 30 for 30 (yes, the same from ESPN) has a podcast out. I've started listening to it and while I pick and choose which shows I follow/listen to, I am enjoying it.

I have dropped The Moth and the Art of Manliness from my rotation. I have way too many podcasts to listen to and I found that I never got around to listening to those ones. So they're out.

Comment

• BBC4 - In Our Time & A History of the World in 100 Objects are my current go-to commute podcasts.

-Vic
            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

• Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Knifepoint Horror podcast is a very good horror/story telling podcast. If you're in to story telling, and like to be scared at times, give this one a download. Cheers.

Comment

• New Hardcore History is out, usually one of my favorites but this one is a little too disturbing for me, only make it about 45 minutes into it before deleting.
                Atlanta Monster is good if you like the Serial sort of genre.

Comment

• That Was Then from BBC Radio. If you like British radio dramas/plays and especially those involving murder/mystery, this one is for you.

Comment

• Hello From the Magic Tavern. I'm about halfway to caught up

Comment

• Haven't reviewed this whole thread to ensure it's not been suggested yet, but based on the last few recs it might go over well:

A Very Fatal Murder -- a spot-on satire of Serial, S-Town, and the like (which I listened to and loved). Brought to you by the good folks at the Onion. 8 episodes, but they're each 10-15 minutes so you can get through it in not much more than an hour.

Comment

• Awesome. Thanks [MENTION=11517]elpenguinoloco[/MENTION] I'll be sure to check it out.

Comment

• The Joe Rogan Experience
                          The Fighter and The Kid
                          Unqualified
                          Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Comment

• Just finished Empire On Blood. It's a true crime/wrongful conviction investigation podcast that has a little less serious tone than most others. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• News:
                              Up First from NPR

Career-related (I'm an urban planner):
                              Strong Towns
                              Third Wave Urbanism

Religion:
                              Truth's Table
                              Pass the Mic
                              I also listen to the recorded sermons from a few churches.

History:
                              The History of Rome
                              The History of Byzantium

Entertainment:
                              The Warm-Up w/ Max Rushden
                              Live from the Poundstone Institute
                              Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
                              The Way I Heard It (Mike Rowe)
                              S-Town (when it was on)

Comment

• I've been listening to The Adventure Zone pretty much non-stop. I'm almost caught up on the whole show.

Comment

Working...
                                X