No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some new podcasts after my search. They are more investing theory podcasts which has become more of a hobby than clothes as of lately. The 3 I like currently are The Med Faber Show, Invest Like The Best, and Masters In Business. These aren't beginner type podcasts so you almost have to have a little background in investing to truly enjoy them.

I will say podcasts have slowed down my running pace which is good. It has allowed me to have a more relaxed pace while running which is 30-45secs/mi slower than when running with music.

Finally, I can't listen to podcasts on 1.0x anymore. It is 1.5x or bust and some may need to be bumped up to 2x though I think a 1.6 or 1.7x would be the sweet spot for me but Apple doesn't offer this and I don't want to switch players.

Comment

So as if I didn't have enough on my plate at the moment...

I came across this listing of horror podcasts: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/10/...asts-halloween and have quickly upped my ante of podcasts. I was already subscribing to some of them (like Lore) but have picked up some additional ones such as Lake Clarity.

I didn't subscribe to all of the podcasts listed by Vox, but I did add one or three. Interested to hear if any of you are either already listening to these podcasts or signed up for them too. Cheers.

Comment

Dirty John from the LA Times. Really good.

Also, Snap Judgment's Spooked series has been pretty good, too.

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but 30 for 30 (yes, the same from ESPN) has a podcast out. I've started listening to it and while I pick and choose which shows I follow/listen to, I am enjoying it.

I have dropped The Moth and the Art of Manliness from my rotation. I have way too many podcasts to listen to and I found that I never got around to listening to those ones. So they're out.

Comment

BBC4 - In Our Time & A History of the World in 100 Objects are my current go-to commute podcasts.

-Vic
            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the Knifepoint Horror podcast is a very good horror/story telling podcast. If you're in to story telling, and like to be scared at times, give this one a download. Cheers.

Comment

New Hardcore History is out, usually one of my favorites but this one is a little too disturbing for me, only make it about 45 minutes into it before deleting.
                Atlanta Monster is good if you like the Serial sort of genre.

Comment

That Was Then from BBC Radio. If you like British radio dramas/plays and especially those involving murder/mystery, this one is for you.

Comment

Hello From the Magic Tavern. I'm about halfway to caught up

Comment

Haven't reviewed this whole thread to ensure it's not been suggested yet, but based on the last few recs it might go over well:

A Very Fatal Murder -- a spot-on satire of Serial, S-Town, and the like (which I listened to and loved). Brought to you by the good folks at the Onion. 8 episodes, but they're each 10-15 minutes so you can get through it in not much more than an hour.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks [MENTION=11517]elpenguinoloco[/MENTION] I'll be sure to check it out.

Comment

The Joe Rogan Experience
                          The Fighter and The Kid
                          Unqualified
                          Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Comment

Just finished Empire On Blood. It's a true crime/wrongful conviction investigation podcast that has a little less serious tone than most others. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

News:
                              Up First from NPR

Career-related (I'm an urban planner):
                              Strong Towns
                              Third Wave Urbanism

Religion:
                              Truth's Table
                              Pass the Mic
                              I also listen to the recorded sermons from a few churches.

History:
                              The History of Rome
                              The History of Byzantium

Entertainment:
                              The Warm-Up w/ Max Rushden
                              Live from the Poundstone Institute
                              Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
                              The Way I Heard It (Mike Rowe)
                              S-Town (when it was on)

Comment

I've been listening to The Adventure Zone pretty much non-stop. I'm almost caught up on the whole show.

Comment

Working...
                                X