No announcement yet.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been listening to Alice Isn't Dead? I thought the first seasons was decent but my interest is starting to wane this season. Interested to see what others think/have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by JPD Revised View Post
      I haven't seen any new Embedded episodes in awhile, but that's my favorite podcast. I'm also a fan of The Ezra Klein Show and BackStory, the latter of which I just started listening to again. I've listened to one episode apiece of Reveal and The Art of Manliness, but I think those are gonna make it into the regular rotation.

Has anyone listened to Revolutions or Waking Up with Sam Harris? I'm gonna check those out as well.

I'm just skimming the thread, and searched for "Sam Harris" and found this. I'm a fan. It will be interesting to see what his app looks like when it comes out.

ETA - Thanks [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] - I'm going to check out On Time.

Comment

Waking Up with Sam Harris is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough good things about this one. Sam has to be the clearest thinking and most well spoken person I have ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=15867]carlitos[/MENTION] That and The HourTime Podcast are pretty good, non-watch snobbery podcasts. At least for my listening they seem to be pretty good.

Comment

I added the Undiscovered podcast after hearing The Waste Book on Planet Money. It is another science-related podcast. It is well done. Another keeper, I think.

Comment

No new podcasts but I have moved up from 1.0x to 1.5x speed and feel ashamed for not doing this sooner. Guests on podcasts have a tendency to speak quicker so that can be tough but the normal speaker (author?) on podcasts has defined their pace and speeding them up is great. Maybe now I will return to hardcore history

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                No new podcasts but I have moved up from 1.0x to 1.5x speed and feel ashamed for not doing this sooner. Guests on podcasts have a tendency to speak quicker so that can be tough but the normal speaker (author?) on podcasts has defined their pace and speeding them up is great. Maybe now I will return to hardcore history
                Yeah, I've been doing this on many of my podcasts for quite some time now. Certainly helps to get through more podcasts.

Comment

I'm thinking I need to give the speed adjustment a try. I feel like such a slacker with all of your guys talking about educational podcasts when all of the ones I listen to are comedy. I might give ones like radiolab and hardcore history another chance at a faster speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                    I'm thinking I need to give the speed adjustment a try. I feel like such a slacker with all of your guys talking about educational podcasts when all of the ones I listen to are comedy. I might give ones like radiolab and hardcore history another chance at a faster speed.
                    I am not a fan of increasing the speed of podcasts, and I really don't see the point to it. I listen to podcasts as a leisure activity that I do because I want to, not because I have to. No need to rush through it.

Also, Radiolab is a great one. I definitely recommend giving it another shot.

Comment

I'll second Radiolab. The one on Bernie Madoff was fascinating.

Comment

[MENTION=2659]Deke[/MENTION] Radiolab is a good. I rarely bail on an episode. Sames goes for Planet Money. Now This American Life on the other hand, I pick and choose those topics.

Comment

Two new podcasts that I've started listening to are Ear Hustle and Mogul. Ear Hustle is produced by San Quentin prisoners and shares their stories some are light--others, not so much.

Mogul is about the life and death of Chris Lighty, a Def Jam Records (I think?) executive who committed suicide in 2012. The first 2-3 episodes have focused significantly on the birth and evolution of hip hop - a topic I would have thought I would find interesting, but it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                            I am not a fan of increasing the speed of podcasts, and I really don't see the point to it. I listen to podcasts as a leisure activity that I do because I want to, not because I have to. No need to rush through it.

Also, Radiolab is a great one. I definitely recommend giving it another shot.
                            Yeah, understandable. I guess for me, I already have enough other podcasts that I enjoy that more than fulfill my podcasting appetite. I just feel like I'm missing out on some that would also be enriching. Speeding them up would let me listen to more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                              Yeah, understandable. I guess for me, I already have enough other podcasts that I enjoy that more than fulfill my podcasting appetite. I just feel like I'm missing out on some that would also be enriching. Speeding them up would let me listen to more.
                              I can understand that point of view. For me, I have a fairly long daily commute, so I don't think I'll be running out of time to listen to podcasts anytime soon. I also have started aggressively culling the list of podcasts that I subscribe, too. That helps minimize the "I have to listen to that now" pressure.

Comment

If I didn't subscribe to Sirius XM, I would listen to more podcasts. I listen to podcasts on runs so speeding them up helps a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X