What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
    Yup, this one has firmly been in my rotation for a year or two now. Most of them are really good.
    A year or two? Aw crap. Now I have to decide if I want to make my way through the backlog or just start fresh. I'm thinking I'll just start with the most recent one and go forward. I already have too many podcasts to start one over from the beginning with.

I think Slate has a daily podcast, but I could be wrong about that. I just seem to recall seeing something like that come across my podcast feed a while back. But again, I am likely wrong about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terminado View Post
      Probably a little-known fact here on Threads is that music is one of my big passions in life, and it strays into my reading and podcast habits. As such, lately I've been listening to Lead Singer Syndrome, hosted by Shane Told of Silverstein. On the show, he interviews vocalists from the punk/ hardcore/metal scene about singing and other aspects of their lives as professional musicians, and then plays samples of their music to cap off the episode. Shane's interview style is engaging to listen to, and the wide range of guests keeps the content interesting throughout.
      I know this was posted a while ago but I just started taking public transit home from work and I'm looking for some podcasts to listen to. I have some Silverstein albums so this caught my eye. I see that Shane Told has interviewed several lead singers that I'd be curious to hear more about. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Anyone else listening to S-Town?

I'm halfway through Episode IV. So far, I'd have to say I'm hooked. I won't say more lest I spoil the shot for others, but will be interested to hear what others think of the show.

Comment

• I'm only two episodes in, DocDave. I'm digging it so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Anyone else listening to S-Town?

I'm halfway through Episode IV. So far, I'd have to say I'm hooked. I won't say more lest I spoil the shot for others, but will be interested to hear what others think of the show.
            One of the best podcasts I've heard in a while. I think the line that hooked me was, "Well, that boy just about stabbed me in the gooch-meat."

Comment

• Came across this link during my morning surfing that might be of help/interested.

Best Podcasts of 2017: http://time.com/4709592/best-podcasts-2017/

Comment

• I listened to the "Missing Richard Simmons" podcast. Meh. I don't know what I was expecting but I guess it was interesting. I was debating on S-Town so it looks like I will add it to the rotation wit ha few recs here.

I am incorporating Hardcore History as I need something to listen to while running. I am on Kings of Kings and moving onto Wrath of the Khans after. My mind wanders and I am honestly a little lost.

I sometimes will download a Tim Ferris podcast but he is unbearable at times. There are nuggets of cool information but the whole life improvement thing is offputting.

Comment

• Alice Isn't Dead is back with new episodes. Just finished the first one of season 2. I thought it was ok. I'll continue to listen to it and see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    I listened to the "Missing Richard Simmons" podcast. Meh. I don't know what I was expecting but I guess it was interesting. I was debating on S-Town so it looks like I will add it to the rotation wit ha few recs here.

I am incorporating Hardcore History as I need something to listen to while running. I am on Kings of Kings and moving onto Wrath of the Khans after. My mind wanders and I am honestly a little lost.

I sometimes will download a Tim Ferris podcast but he is unbearable at times. There are nuggets of cool information but the whole life improvement thing is offputting.
                    Felt exactly the same about Missing Richard Simmons. First 2-3 episodes were interesting because they shared a lot about Richard Simmons that I didn't know. The remainder of the podcat was just, as you said, "meh."

S-Town is definitely worth checking out. I finished the last episode on my drive home yesterday. Almost deleted the podcast from my queue after finishing the last episode, but didn't because I'm pretty sure I'll re-listen to the entire thing soon.

Couldn't agree more on Tim Ferris.

Another podcast I've listened to lately is No Such Thing As A Fish. It's been around for a while and likely has been discussed on this thread, but I don't recall seeing it, so I'll throw it out there. It's funny, light, and interesting. Basic format is 3 guys and 1 lady share their "most interesting fact" from the past 7 days.

Comment

Anyone else listening to S-Town?

I just finished it and thought it was remarkable. incredibly engrossing, heartbreaking, frustrating...it really runs the gamut.

Interesting re: Missing Richard Simmons, i just stumbled upon it and it seemed interesting.
                      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                        One of the best podcasts I've heard in a while. I think the line that hooked me was, "Well, that boy just about stabbed me in the gooch-meat."
                        I liked "When you hang out with low down dirty people you should expect low down dirty shit to happen"

Comment

• Originally posted by joekloo View Post
                          I liked "When you hang out with low down dirty people you should expect low down dirty shit to happen"
                          That podcast has more quotable quotes than Forrest Gump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                            Felt exactly the same about Missing Richard Simmons. First 2-3 episodes were interesting because they shared a lot about Richard Simmons that I didn't know. The remainder of the podcat was just, as you said, "meh."

S-Town is definitely worth checking out. I finished the last episode on my drive home yesterday. Almost deleted the podcast from my queue after finishing the last episode, but didn't because I'm pretty sure I'll re-listen to the entire thing soon.

Couldn't agree more on Tim Ferris.

Another podcast I've listened to lately is No Such Thing As A Fish. It's been around for a while and likely has been discussed on this thread, but I don't recall seeing it, so I'll throw it out there. It's funny, light, and interesting. Basic format is 3 guys and 1 lady share their "most interesting fact" from the past 7 days.
                            Yeah, I agree with you about the Richard Simmons podcast. What I also find amazing is that since the podcast, Richard Simmons has been everywhere. I was in line at the grocery store and he was on the cover of some magazine. Seems like everyone is talking about him now.

Thanks for the tip about No Such Thing As a Fish. I'll download an episode and see what it's like.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you about the Richard Simmons podcast. What I also find amazing is that since the podcast, Richard Simmons has been everywhere. I was in line at the grocery store and he was on the cover of some magazine. Seems like everyone is talking about him now.
                              I had this exact conversation with a friend the other day. My thoughts are two-fold: (1) the podcast stirred up interest/generated publicity from other sources; (2) Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, or frequency illusion. Now that you know to look for Richard Simmons, you see him everywhere.

Thanks, by the way, for posting that list of best podcasts of 2017. I tried Death, Sex, and Money for my commute this morning. It wasn't bad.

If you like fiction podcasts, Homecoming isn't bad. Also, the new season of Embedded (non-fiction), which discusses police shooting videos, is very well done.

(I live in Atlanta, and that bridge collapse has really done a number on my commute--about an extra 30-45 minutes each way, depending on the time of day. The need for good, quality podcasts is at an all time high, so keep the recommendations coming. I can't do talk radio....)
                              Last edited by C.Dubs; April 5th, 2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• My current favorites are:

Mike Rowe's The Way I Heard it
                                Dan Carlin's Hardcore History & his Common Sense podcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X