Fragrances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragrances

What scents are you guys wearing? Anything anyone would like to recommend? Let's talk about it.

I've been wearing L' Homme by Yves Saint Laurent lately -- I get compliments on it here and there but I really wear it because I like the way it smells. Found it in a GQ ad and was instantly hooked. Worth the 60 or so bucks I dropped on the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by wortman.scott View Post
      I've been wearing L' Homme by Yves Saint Laurent lately -- I get compliments on it here and there but I really wear it because I like the way it smells. Found it in a GQ ad and was instantly hooked. Worth the 60 or so bucks I dropped on the bottle.
      +1 I bought this at Christmas after an extensive search and am extremely happy with my choice. I get many compliments and love the way it smells, very light and fresh. Expensive but well worth the cost as mentioned above.

Comment

Been wearing Him by Hanae Mori last few months. I also have their signature brand as well which I like. They use a lot of spices and fruity scents that work well together imo. I have a laundry list of different colognes as a family member works for the fragrance department at Macys and she gets me the newest pop scents that are out every so many months and I like these two the best in the last few years.

Comment

This also raises a question that I was talking to a friend about a few months back. Do you think one should find a cologne or scent that they like and stick with it and make it their signature scent or mix things up. I have a friend who has been wearing Polo cologne, the original stuff for like 20 years. You smell it and know it is him, or do you like variation?

Comment

I usually rotate a second cologne in once a week or so just to mix it up

Comment

I've been wear The One by D&G. I get compliments on it from time to time. The GF just picked up Light Blue from D&G for me, and I have started to put it in to the rotation. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it though.

Comment

We used to have a thread about this

D&G le Man is amazing
                Thierry Mugler - Pure malt and A*Men which apparently if you spray one of each is even better
                Hanae Mori By Hanae Mori For Men is a nice light scent for summer
                Versace Pour Homme By Versace is very nice lighter scent as well
                Chanel ALLURE HOMME SPORT
                paco Rabbane - One Million

I tried some tom fords etc and they weren't anything I was super excited about, they were different though the others are all fairly safe bets.

Comment

When do you guys put on cologne? Everyday or special occasions?

Comment

My daily is Hermes Terre d'Hermes and my rotation is the YSL L'Homme Libre. My girlfriend's very sensitive about some scents that I try to stay away from.

I'm almost done with the YSL so I might look at Hanae Mori to use whenever Spring/Summer arrives in New England

Comment

Moonshine - EastWest Bottlers

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                        When do you guys put on cologne? Everyday or special occasions?
                        Daily. Two mistings around my neck and chest. I can't smell it on me which makes me wonder if anyone else can smell it, but I've been told if I can smell it then it's too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                          This also raises a question that I was talking to a friend about a few months back. Do you think one should find a cologne or scent that they like and stick with it and make it their signature scent or mix things up. I have a friend who has been wearing Polo cologne, the original stuff for like 20 years. You smell it and know it is him, or do you like variation?
                          It depends on how much you are into fragrances. It's nice to have a go-to, signature scent. However, I like to have a few different options to choose from for the time of year. Lighter, citrus notes for warmer weather and switch to heavier notes in the fall and winter such as; oud, spice, and tobacco.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh View Post
                            It depends on how much you are into fragrances. It's nice to have a go-to, signature scent. However, I like to have a few different options to choose from for the time of year. Lighter, citrus notes for warmer weather and switch to heavier notes in the fall and winter such as; oud, spice, and tobacco.
                            That is the camp that ive been in also.

Comment

Working...
                            X