No announcement yet.

Dappered Whole 30 Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also observed that when I've drastically reduced carbs, I lost a lot of water weight very quickly, then the rate of weight loss leveled off. So, a quick very rapid loss isn't necessarily super alarming as long as it isn't sustained.

However, a lot of people on very low carb diets (myself included at times) default to tons of meat and not enough vegetables, so they run into that low fiber, immobile bowels problem. Eating salads with a bunch of cruciferous vegetables helps.

Comment

PORTION SIZES!!!

If you're having bowel problems, the meat you eat per meal should only be the size of your palm. The rest of your plate should be filled with vegetables. Make sure you have fibrous vegetables. (The green leafy things.)

The girls got it right.

I started the Whole30 mainly to try to fix some very miserable and persistent bowel problems. Following these portions, I feel better than I have in 3 years. I was feeling great the first 3 days but then, while eating at a restaurant, they put Thousand Island dressing under my Crab Louie Salad (even though I asked for no dressing) and I was halfway done before I noticed. So since I had to start over anyway, for dinner that night I ate like I used to. My problems instantly came back. Now I know that grains and dairy are permanently banned from my mouth. I might deal with the misery for a rare dosage of pizza though.
      Last edited by justin t; January 26, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        I've also observed that when I've drastically reduced carbs, I lost a lot of water weight very quickly, then the rate of weight loss leveled off. So, a quick very rapid loss isn't necessarily super alarming as long as it isn't sustained.

However, a lot of people on very low carb diets (myself included at times) default to tons of meat and not enough vegetables, so they run into that low fiber, immobile bowels problem. Eating salads with a bunch of cruciferous vegetables helps.
        Or supplementing with Quest nutrition bars or hocking down psyllium husk sludge. Or flax seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ahglove View Post
          For anyone interested, here is a link to download the cookbooks:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f5uenj3am...8-5CyEX8a?dl=0

There are versions for viewing on both small (phone) and large (tablet/PC) screens.
          Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

My wife and I started a paleo diet a year ago next week, and in that time I've lost about 80lbs. I went from a 3X to XL in shirts and from a 46" to 38" waist, which is part of why I joined Dappered in the first place. I actually fit into clothes from real actual stores. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Chris Kresser's book Your Paleo Code, which lets you reintroduce certain foods as long as you react to them well. Also, the Well Fed series of cookbooks have been invaluable.

Comment

Working...
            X