Exchanging Sizes- Price Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchanging Sizes- Price Expectations

I was having a discussion with a friend about our price expectations when we exchange an article of clothing for a different size, in particular in the scenario where the original piece was bought on sale but is no longer on sale when being exchanged, and whether we expect to be able to exchange an item straight up (even though the price has gone up) or if we should pay the difference in price. Although it would be nice, I personally don't expect to exchange an item straight up without paying for the difference in price, unless it was the fault of the store (damaged item, inconsistent sizing, wrong item sent etc.) or it was a gift or something. What do you all think?

An exchange in a store would be straight-up so why not online?

Comment

I would say and it's been my experience that it should be honored at the original price paid for it. If I returned the item I would receive the amount I paid for it, not the newly established higher price of the item.

If a store wanted me to pay the difference I would probably end up just returning the item and waiting for it to go sale again.

Comment

Working...
      X