Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job interview tomorrow: Suit up or follow instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job interview tomorrow: Suit up or follow instructions?

Hey guys, I got a job interview tomorrow and I really hope I get this!! This was the exact message that I got from them:

" We are a casual environment so please feel free to dress down or whatever you would wear to work."

So do I wear a suit or not? I feel like I should as I can never be over dressed, but I dont want to be viewed as someone who doesn't follow instructions.

Or should I go business casual, khakis, shirt and sport coat?

They would have to be really lame to ding you for not dressing down. What industry is it? If it's an industry where it's not uncommon to wear a suit, but it just happens to be a company with a casual dress code, I don't think a suit is a bad idea. If it's, say, a tech company, I would say business casual would be fine and maybe help you feel more comfortable than if you were the only guy in a suit.

Comment

Given that they explicitly mentioned the casual nature of their work environment, I'd steer clear of the suit. Doesn't mean you should dress sloppily though (not that you would I'm sure). The added bonus being you get to be a bit more creative in your business casual ensemble, not many job interviews allow you to do that without a black mark against your name.

Comment

I am applying to a company that sells nutritional supplements so not too professional. They do emphasize the entrepreneurial environment.

Comment

I'd go with something like nice, fitted chinos, a subtle patterned shirt, a tie, and a blazer or sportcoat. Or you can ditch the tie and just wear the blazer. Or you can ditch the blazer and wear a cardigan or v-neck sweater instead. You don't have to look stuffy but it's always better to err on the side of professionalism.

Ben

Comment

How about this benr?

Code:
            http://oi44.tinypic.com/296omkz.jpg

Comment

That seems pretty solid as far as toeing the line between casual and professional. Hard to go wrong with a navy blazer, nice shirt, and chinos.

Comment

Good to go, mystix!

Now just do your hair. =P

Comment

I was once given those instructions, but my recruiter did not relay the message. I showed up in a suit, and I was VERY out of place. I was uncomfortable. I made them uncomfortable. I didn't get the job.

I say dress sharp, but not in a suit. Maybe even lose the jacket, but keep the tie and roll up the sleeves. Shows you're ready to get to work. :-)

Comment

International brand to emerging coach purses outlet markets as the main theme. European and American brands in an effort to seek development coach handbags outlet in emerging markets, Italy's Prada and United States coach followed by the Hong Kong cheap coach purses Exchange is typical. Despite Japan effects of the earthquake and tsunami, by Mercedes-Benz's name coach purses for sale is Japan fashion week brought a new atmosphere, and equally fast pace of fashion week.

The other hand, international coach factory store brands on the culture occupied the commanding heights for everyone to see. Unprecedented coach outlet stores luxury market coach factory outlet showing strong growth. Many international luxury brands in the top Museum exhibition, through cheap coach active showing its long cultural tradition and to deepen interaction with consumers.

Reporter seen on the COACH's coach outlet online online shop, on the shop mainly sells merchandise to handbags, cover accessories, jackets, watches, coach factory online jewelry and coach factory online store other products. COACH also went out for special offers up to 50 Taobao Taobao shop, coach for sale selling only on Taobao Mall.

Taobao Mall cooperation coach factory outlet and for the, COACH, President and CEO, Jonathan Seliger, the store will help COACH understand the needs coach factory online and preferences of domestic online shopping customer and accumulated experience in coach online store the field of coach factory outlet online e-commerce, for future market opening in prepare long-term COACH online sales channels.

Comment

Good call guys, I went with the look in my picture and was dressed appropriately. My potential manager was wearing the same color chinos as me (its a sign). I think I nailed the interview.

I have to go in on Tuesday to do a business case. wish me luck!

Comment

You buying us all a drink if you get the job?

Comment

Elegant <h2>sac pas cher</h2> marque serait l'image de beau style et la réputation interpersonnelle. Il existe de nombreuses marques de sacs à main Lancel, vous pouvez acheter. En ce qui concerne la marque haut de gamme, Lancel est conçu pour ses fonctions sensibles et designs élégants.

Leur le brigitte bardot ne sont pas seulement capables d'avoir vu l'essentiel un, mais en plus attrayant pour ses modèles élégants. de nombreuses personnes désirent développer un sac à main Lancel, mais seules les personnes qui sont étonnamment riches ou célèbres superstars sont capables ces types de sacs à main Lancel, afin que les gens se tournent vers sac lancel adjani pas cher autres options particulières - sacs à main Lancel qui se trouvent être presque la même que l'original versions et aussi de haute qualité.Les sac a main lancel élégantes et sophistiquées possèdent reçu une excellente popularité sur le globe. Ils peuvent être moins coûteux par rapport aux sacs à main Lancel initiales. Un nombre croissant de personnes cherchent après bourse lancel mademoiselle adjani réels en raison de leurs couleurs éclatantes, des dessins superbes, ainsi que de bonne qualité. Look-alike sacs à main Lancel sont faites de cuir bien comme le textile de manière à laisser entre eux ont <h2>sac lancel brigitte bardot</h2> brillants.

http://www.soldesacs.com/sac-de-marque-2/sac-lancel

Comment

Working...
                          X