Needing Tablet advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing Tablet advice

I'm looking to buy a new a tablet and decided to turn to the dappered community for advice. Here are my guidelines/needs.

1. I will mainly use it for reading, Internet browsing, skyping, Netflix and occasionally playing games.
    2. I would strongly prefer an android operating system. For the right tablet I may be willing to go outside of android, but no Apple products.
    3. I would like the screen size to be at least 9 inches, but over 10 would be preferable.
    4. I want it to have expandable memory.
    5. Would like to spend under $400 but would be willing to go up to $500

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new a tablet and decided to turn to the dappered community for advice. Here are my guidelines/needs.

1. I will mainly use it for reading, Internet browsing, skyping, Netflix and occasionally playing games.
    2. I would strongly prefer an android operating system. For the right tablet I may be willing to go outside of android, but no Apple products.
    3. I would like the screen size to be at least 9 inches, but over 10 would be preferable.

Any suggestions?
    Wi-Fi only, or would you prefer a mobile network compatible model?

If you are willing to forgo expandable memory, the 16GB Nexus 9 rings in at $400. I love my Nexus 4 and 10. I have the 32GB, and it is nowhere near full. The beauty of the cloud. You can still find 10s on Amazon, but I find that it's just large enough to be slightly unwieldy. My wife's 7 is very handy, but I feel it could be larger, so the 9 would probably be just right. The upshot of a Nexus device is that you are guaranteed to be up to date immediately with the latest version of Android, not months behind.

Comment

iPad Air 2 is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by somaticmarker1 View Post

Any suggestions?
        The Dell Venue 8 7000 or the Samsung Galaxy Tab S are the closest to your list of requirements. I still recommend a pure Nexus device over anything else though.

Comment

Working...
        X