Main site comments down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hollowskill View Post
    I don't post much, but I visit the site frequently. I'm logging on just to say that I'm really hoping the comments section comes back.

I felt that the comments section always added a lot of value to the postings, and I find myself less and less excited to check the site the longer comments aren't around.
    Echoing this sentiment. W/out article comments regarding things such as sizing or even alternative items I find myself drifting away and not wanting to come back. Unfortunately I've been around enough forums that this is a worrying development w/out a "explanation" post (note: it's Joe's site so frankly he can do with it what he wants but yeah...readers butter the bread and what not).

Comment

It would seem that the latest post has open comments:

http://dappered.com/2014/12/for-her-...500-and-under/

Comment

Let's hope it wasnt a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          It would seem that the latest post has open comments:

http://dappered.com/2014/12/for-her-...500-and-under/
          If it did, it's been shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
            If it did, it's been shut down.

Comment

I was surprised that the disqus commenting went away.. at first I thought it was the browsers on both my laptop and phone but then I realized they were disabled altogether. I haven't gone through all 13 pages of this thread, but why can't we just accept it and use the forum as intended and just start thread(s) discussing the articles as they get posted?

Comment

I wish Joe and the Dappered team would just tell us the reasoning behind banning the comments. In my opinion it adds a ton of extra flare to the site.

I love Dappered.com and have been a reader for over 2 years, and would just love to have a little bit of transparency on the issue.

Comment

SERIOUSLY? Sorry I don't know how this thread is still getting posts. The reason seems pretty clear to me.

Sorry, the posts are great but there's so much more to learn about and discuss and it can all be done here on the forums. If nobody's made a thread for that day's post, take the initiative to, and you'll get lots of feedback if you've got a question or comment to make.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    Sorry, the posts are great but there's so much more to learn about and discuss and it can all be done here on the forums. If nobody's made a thread for that day's post, take the initiative to, and you'll get lots of feedback if you've got a question or comment to make.
                    Exactly. I haven't seen many threads that didn't receive some solid advice. You may have to take the initiative and keep your thread moving until more people see it, but if you want the info you'll search for it or keep a thread moving for a few days.

Comment

Q: Why no comments?

A:
                      Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      Dappered's comments section has been targeted by a high number of truly unpleasant people over the past few weeks. A group of people have been leaving highly offensive comments after every article. The comments include insults, personal attacks, and other overwhelmingly negative statements. This group of men paid special attention to the articles written by Beth and Amber.

Dappered's staff can moderate this behavior to some degree, but it isn't a pleasant job. It's both disturbing and depressing to see this side of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Boyle View Post
                        I wish Joe and the Dappered team would just tell us the reasoning behind banning the comments.
                        Seriously? The reason was made public in this thread. It's been restated again above since you seemed to miss it the first time around.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                            SERIOUSLY? Sorry I don't know how this thread is still getting posts. The reason seems pretty clear to me.

Yes... the fact that I see this in my recent activity nearly every time I log in makes me wish I hadn't asked...

Comment

Working...
                            X