Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waywfh?

What are you wearing for halloween?

I'm still on the fence... and by on the fence I mean my fiancée hasn't decided yet. We have considered Hall and Oates, the new doctor and the TARDIS, and Bradley cooper and J law for silver linings playbook. Its getting to be crunch time.

What are you guys doing this year?

Was just talking about this with my gf. I need to think of something I can wear out to a bar/restaurant in and be able to talk and drink wearing. We did JFK and Jackie-O last year.

Comment

What did you guys wear? A suit and a conservative dress? Did people recognize who you were?

my fiancée also suggested matt mcconaughey (her) and woody harrelson (me) from true detective, but I didn't want to be just a guy in a suit.

Comment

I wore conservative suit and had a local makeup artist do a bullet hole in my head and she wore a Jackiesque type dress and outfit with a purse shed carry and had the artist makeup her face like shed been dead awhile with blood splattered on the side of her face the gunshot wound to my head would have caused. Looked really cool. People recognized us right away.

Comment

I went to a place that had a few girls doing makeup for people but if you need something done you can usually find people on craigslist thatll make you up really cheap.

Comment

This.

Really, though, I don't dress up for Halloween. I don't mean to get all judgey, but adults getting drunk in Halloween costumes has always struck me as a bit odd.

I'm planning on staying in with my homies, watching Hocus Pocus, drinking hard cider, and eating pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And handing out candy to little ingrates. (Seriously. Last year I handed out full-sized candy bars and NO ONE was impressed. Brats.)
            Ben

Comment

I guess I'm going as a dappered forum member. I will be working in Austin with a fellow beer aficionado, so I'm sure we will go out for a few drinks. I'll wear the forum uniform-OCBD, chukka boots, dark denim.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                This.

Really, though, I don't dress up for Halloween. I don't mean to get all judgey, but adults getting drunk in Halloween costumes has always struck me as a bit odd.

I'm planning on staying in with my homies, watching Hocus Pocus, drinking hard cider, and eating pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And handing out candy to little ingrates. (Seriously. Last year I handed out full-sized candy bars and NO ONE was impressed. Brats.)

Hahaha. If there was a like button on this post, I would hit it.

Comment

I'm dressing up as BenR for Halloween.

Comment

Nothing original- I got a pretty decent gorilla costume on clearance last year, so that is what I will wear.
                    Thought about going as Twisty the Clown, but why not use something that I already have and I did not use before (in true frugal Dappered style).

Comment

My son has a dinosaur costume so my wife and I went as cave people. She had to make hers due to being pregnant.

I also went as Pauly D since I had all of the stuff to a charity function.

Comment

Oh [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], a dude after my own heart. I have nothing against going out and having a few too many from time to time, but boy do I dislike halloween haha. The wife does too, thankfully. So we will probably watching something campy-scary and drink something Halloween themed (Surly Darkness or the like).
                        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                          Oh [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], a dude after my own heart. I have nothing against going out and having a few too many from time to time, but boy do I dislike halloween haha. The wife does too, thankfully. So we will probably watching something campy-scary and drink something Halloween themed (Surly Darkness or the like).
                          I was mostly indifferent to Halloween until I had kids. But, man is it ever fun to watch how excited they get to trick-or-treat. And my neighborhood is loaded with kids, so the streets are crowded with people and kids and everybody is excited to give out candy and greet their neighbors. I probably won't wear a costume this year, because it won't add to my kids' fun. However, a couple of years ago, my older daughter was super excited to be Little Red Riding Hood, so she did that, my wife was Grandma, my younger daughter (all of a year old at the time) was the wolf, and I was the Woodsman. It was pretty awesome, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            I'm dressing up as BenR for Halloween.

This is too good.

That being said, I'm not a huge Halloween fan either -- it always got in the way of the real reason for the season (my birthday, naturally).

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              I was mostly indifferent to Halloween until I had kids. But, man is it ever fun to watch how excited they get to trick-or-treat. And my neighborhood is loaded with kids, so the streets are crowded with people and kids and everybody is excited to give out candy and greet their neighbors. I probably won't wear a costume this year, because it won't add to my kids' fun. However, a couple of years ago, my older daughter was super excited to be Little Red Riding Hood, so she did that, my wife was Grandma, my younger daughter (all of a year old at the time) was the wolf, and I was the Woodsman. It was pretty awesome, actually.
                              Dress up as Indiana Jones, you already have the boots!

Comment

Working...
                              X