Workout/Fitness Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout/Fitness Blogs

Anyone know of any decent fitness/workout blogs? I'm looking for some that are more along the lines of Dappered than the more commone "GET RIPPED IN 3 DAYS" affair.

I've been doing this for a couple weeks with a co-worker and I love it:

http://stronglifts.com/

The iPhone app is the killer feature since it just tells you what you're doing and you don't have to think about it. The advice and videos on the site are really good too, especially for showing you proper form. Just ignore the "in your face" marketing and sales pitches and it's good.

Comment

I have been doing the adonis index workouts for over a year now and have had better results than with any other workout I have ever done. It's not free but to see real changes in a 40+ year old is worth it. If I only had this workout when I was 25 .....

Comment

@Jason Ha! That's actually the workout I've been following for the last couple of months. Love it, but I read all the articles on there and he hasn't posted anything new recently so I've been searching for new reading material.

Comment

I like http://bodybuilding.com/ and http://supplementreviews.com/ Both have good forums/communities where you can ask questions and find out a lot of info. There are a lot of different workout programs and styles, like anything, you just have to find what works best for you.

Comment

I started with stronglifts. It's a good program. If you're short on time, Rippetoe's system is what Stronglifts is based off of and it's also very effective.

A different approach: www.nerdfitness.com

I've been reading this fairly regularly as of late. I went from focusing on "bodybuilding" to just living as healthy as I can.

Comment

My Fitness Pal app has gotten high marks and has been recommended to me multiple times as a workout log assist.

Comment

Good info over in the Clurch Fitness forums. http://www.clutchfitness.com/

I did the DoggCrapp routine for a year and ended up benching more now (age 36) than I did in high school.

Comment

depends on your goals. i was spinning my wheels until i found www.leangains.com . i would stay away from bodybuilding.com .

Comment

This is interesting. Maybe we should start a fitness/nutrition thread? Not a blog, but I'm about 30 days into p90x.

Comment

@mell1n Interesting stuff there. I've been looking into intermittent fasting lately. I would also agree about staying away from bodybuilding.com. There's some good info there but you have to sift through a lot of crap.

Comment

I'll second Glen's suggestion for Nerd Fitness. It isn't for everyone mind you. I find that in a similar vein to Dappered, NF isn't a site telling you to 'do these lifts, guzzle this magic sauce, this is the way you do it. Don't ask questions!' but rather focuses on giving you the tools and variety of knowledge to figure out what really works for you and your specific needs.

Comment

Any good sources for interval training? I'm looking to get back into some cardio, but after years of long distance running and cycling, I'm bored with it.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Bumping this up to the top. I've been on the search for a good interval training program (or source of information). No luck so far.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@greg_s try crossfit... It's amazingly tough, but if that's what you want it's intense

Comment

Working...
                              X