No announcement yet.

Dappered Fantasy Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that 12 is probably ideal. I will volunteer to help run a second league so that way we can keep the draft/waiver wire manageable.

Comment

Thanks ZCM.
      Sounds great to me.

We're doing a live draft, right? Of course, not everyone will be able to make it, but we can try to find a time that most people can attend.

I like that the waiver wire has few options because it puts more pressure on the managers to draft and trade well.

Let me know if you need help setting it up.

Comment

One problem with a big league is that it is very frustrating when a few teams have legit players and those owners go MIA and don't use them. If everybody is participating until the end, even if they are out of the running, then I don't mind a bigger league.

For the draft, I am east coast. A live weekend draft is pretty much out for me because I use up every bit of my weekend for family stuff. I could do a mon, tues, wedn easiest. Of course, I can also set my auto picks and cross my fingers. All fun and games anyway.

I have never been in a league that traded well. Speaking of...wild wild west, commissioner approved or league voting on trades?

Comment

Nice. Considering the forum, maybe instead of a championship belt there should be some clothing related prize/punishment

Comment

We could break it up into two leagues, one for live draft and one for auto-draft.

Regards,
            Vic
            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              I would do two teams if it kept the league down to 8 or 10 teams. Does ESPN have a decent mobile app for setting lineups? Work blocks the website. If not, no big deal I can do it on my lunch break. Thank you Mcdonalds wifi.
              I've used the espn app with no problems for the last two years.

Comment

Later this week I'll send out a survey to find the best time and we can pick a time.

Comment

Looks like we only have 13 now. Any others interested?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                    Looks like we only have 13 now. Any others interested?
                    [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], if it makes it easier for all involved, you can drop me off the list. That way you would have 12 teams, which everyone seems to agree is ideal. I don't mind, since I do already participate in another league. I agree it gets difficult with more than 12. The waiver wire does get pretty slim, and to be successful, you typically have to guess right at draft time on what rookies will contribute, or what lower tier players are going to have a breakout season...

Comment

I hate to force someone out. Maybe lets see who all actually takes the time to register etc once the league is created?

Comment

If you need more folks, I'd be happy to dominate you guys.
                        My cocktail videos >

Comment

Dappered Fantasy Football?

Just so you guys know I didn't forget about this. I will get on it soon but am choosing not to set up the league via my iPad. My laptop died and my charger is somewhere else right now ;(

Comment

Okay. I have my laptop back. since we now have 14 again, how about we let everyone play? I was thinking since it may be slim pickings with 14 teams, does anyone have any objections to dropping the fixed TE spot? So just 2 RBs and 2 WR a flex without a spot dedicated to TEs?

Thoughts?

Comment

I really like a designated TE, and ESPN has 15 or so projected to score 80 points next season, and that is leaving off guys like Jordan Reed, Brent Celek, Jermaine Gresham plus any random player that plays out of his mind next season. I think it adds to the draft in that it forces one to determine the value they put on a TE, just the same as a QB.

I vote yes to a TE. It makes the waiver wire battle every week more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Florida Lawyer View Post
                                I really like a designated TE, and ESPN has 15 or so projected to score 80 points next season, and that is leaving off guys like Jordan Reed, Brent Celek, Jermaine Gresham plus any random player that plays out of his mind next season. I think it adds to the draft in that it forces one to determine the value they put on a TE, just the same as a QB.

I vote yes to a TE. It makes the waiver wire battle every week more interesting.
                                Well you can still have a TE. The Flex can be a RB WR or TE. It would just stop you from having 2 TEs playing. Another option would be to eliminate the flex spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X