X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down for Boston too.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      We used to do this in my car forums and it was always good to put faces to names. I also found that people were more civil when they had looked you in the eye at some point. That isnt really a problem around here though. I swear if we have one in my area I am wearing sweatpants and a tshirt to the first one though.
      When I was living in NYC, I went to a number of meet-ups with a bunch of guys from my car audio forums as well. Always had a good time. It's nice to meet and hang out with people who have a common interest whom you periodically or regularly interact with online already.

Closest one would be Boston for me, but since I live over an hour away, it's doubtful that I'd actually be able to make it down. I'm sure it would be a good time though.

Comment

There are good options in the Midwest, too. Madison, WI, is a beautiful town. Minneapolis is great. Perhaps consider something more central?

Comment

Meet up's a good idea, by the way. Cooler to meet and talk to people in real life than online and especially when they're not around to respond, e.g., http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...el-quot-Thread

One of the comments I thought was pretty funny - "He doesn't abide by (what I deem to be) the unofficial dappered threads rule - if you can't say it to their face, don't say it all." LOL! Yep, I admit I was snarky, but probably not any more so than I am with a lot of people in real life. I work on a college campus and I see a lot of bullshit fashion among my colleagues, and seriously, if I know the person at all, I'll let him or her know if what they're wearing is particularly deserving of ridicule, and I have no problem calling them on it to their face.

Nevertheless, I still love everyone, and I mean, everyone, here. We are all just doing the best we can.
          Last edited by Duvel; July 13, 2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
            All attire would be welcome! except black suits. f*ck black suits...

Seriously though, I would enjoy meeting some of you folks. If there are any other DC and or Pittsburgh people on here that would interested LMK.
            DC in the house.
            My cocktail videos >

Comment

After a quick scroll through and search, I don't see anything about a potential Chicago meet-up...I'd definitely be up for a Chicago meeting/dapper boozing.

Comment

Working...
              X