Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a foray into vinyl...any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing beats the Technics 1200. Built like a brick sh*thouse, except they don't make them anymore. I own 2

Comment

Nice. What carts do you use? Do you have both tables in use at the same time? Believe it or not, I did that for a while, in my obsessed period--had two turntables hooked up, each with a different cartridge.

Comment

I used to be audio obsessed as well, but settled into an all Rega system several years ago and never looked back.

Comment

[MENTION=12086]lifeinabox[/MENTION], not a bad decision at all. They make nice stuff.

Comment

Featuring one of my favorite albums

Comment

A few of my Stones boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                Nice. What carts do you use? Do you have both tables in use at the same time? Believe it or not, I did that for a while, in my obsessed period--had two turntables hooked up, each with a different cartridge.
                by 'carts' did you mean cartidridges? If so, I honestly don't remember what I used. I think it was either Ortofon or Stanton. My turntables have been sitting in their boxes for years now unused. I kinda stopped buying vinyl/music when the recession hit in '08. And yes, I had both tables in use at the same time. I had all my vinyl sitting on one of those Ikea Expedit shelves with both turntables on top. It was the perfect set up.

Comment

Featuring one of my favorite albums

I have that one on cd. it was gifted to me for x-mas by my father in-law. classic

Comment

It is indeed. I own three copies on LP.

Comment

My favorite album cover, of everything in my colleciton right now:

Comment

Well, this is interesting... http://www.dustandgrooves.com/

Comment

Well, this is interesting... http://www.dustandgrooves.com/
                          Cool stuff.

This thread is evolving nicely.

For a semi-vinyl related pursuit...check out the new documentary called "My Vinyl Weighs A Ton" it's about Peanut Butter Wolf and Stone's Throw Records. Very cool stuff.
                          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                          X