Question about the "is it okay to wear" topics on the Dappered threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the "is it okay to wear" topics on the Dappered threads

Why do we get these so much? And why is it okay to let these live, so to speak? It's like the place has become one big advice column for the sartorially insecure.

And as for the choices about what we wear, who really gives a toss?

If I want to wear jeans with my suit jacket, who's to say I can't?

As an alternative, why can't the site be more about celebrating what we're wearing or what we're purchasing, instead of questioning or advising if something is okay?

Besides that tie and PS thread has there been that much of that recently?

Edit: I guess I did just ask about my pants belt shoes combo on Sunday. But those were new shoes! and in my defense I was already wearing it haha.

I guess my point is: It doesn't bother me when people ask those questions. I ask them on occasion and I don't consider myself sartorially insecure (at least not anymore).

Comment

A lot of what do I wear to wedding threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        A lot of what do I wear to wedding threads.
        True! It is wedding season though...

I think a "What to Wear to" thread could be good for this. Or a "help me I'm Sartorially Insecure" thread haha

Comment

LOL. I like the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            Why do we get these so much? And why is it okay to let these live, so to speak? It's like the place has become one big advice column for the sartorially insecure.

And as for the choices about what we wear, who really gives a toss?

If I want to wear jeans with my suit jacket, who's to say I can't?

As an alternative, why can't the site be more about celebrating what we're wearing or what we're purchasing, instead of questioning or advising if something is okay?
            my guess is that men don't want to become the object of ridicule when it comes to clothing. it happens on every forum. let's be honest, I don't care how secure a man feels wearing a certain style of clothing. If I think something looks stupid, nothing will change my mind about it, nor will I think, "wow, this guy's wearing a nice pair of $1600 St.Crispins oxfords without socks, he must be very secure with himself." My first thought would be, "what an idiot for funking up a pair of $1600 shoes because he thinks going sockless looks good."

Comment

Working...
            X