No announcement yet.

Baby Fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coke with a capital c is the soft drink. With a lowercase c, it's the drug or the conversion of coal.

Sorry, I didn't get it at first but it is funny. Sometimes I'm too literal.

Comment

Fell off big time for a couple of weeks. 2 year project finally went live last week and it was long hours and lots of junk food. Somebody brought in their crockpot and we all chipped in for nacho cheese.

Comment

I've been in a 2-week exercise slump as well. The only thing I've done is ride my bike to work. I've been good about watching what I eat though.

Comment

I have actually increased my mileage running as I signed up for a race. It is easy to fall off the wagon but recognizing it and getting back on is key. When projects at work get to be too much I just go home. I do not put in 10 hour days as my efficiency is the lowest towards the end of a day. I'd rather come in earlier and knock things out before people come in and slow down the efficiency. My boss was at work until 10pm Wednesday and what he really needed was someone to talk out the situation with which we did early on Thursday and made our deliverable.

Comment

What about those of us who go in early and come back late? And travel...

Comment

My first run in over a month thanks to a project and a cold... Ehhh but if I really wanted to I could have. Its all on me and I paid for it today. I'm just thankful no side cramps.

Comment

How are those weight goals going proud parents?

Comment

Ehh, been a bum. Gotta get back on it.

Comment

Just bought a used chariot cougar 2 bike trailer and immediately went for a ride with the wife and kid. It was a lot of fun. This should be a good source of exercise and not having to worry about scheduling it around the kid's nap.

Comment

Hi. My name is Bob, and I'm a baby fat parent. I feel compelled to jump into this support thread and the camaraderie here although I have nothing really new to add.

Through the normal weight gaining events of life like college, downshifting to a desk job, and event having a child, my metabolism has performed respectably. I've put on weight, but it's been at a very slow rate. Right now, I'm 5'9" and 185. After we had our second child, I was able to continue with a regular workout once per week. I'd get in 2 hours of basketball with friends. That was my night. We had our third baby last October, and as you can imagine, free time is pretty much gone. And I haven't had any "real exercise" since then. We adjusted our work schedules so they are staggered, which means evenings are even shorter than they were before. As I close in on one year of no exercise, I'm feeling the need to pick up with something. I'm doing my best to hold on until the youngest is a bit older and we aren't quite as anchored down. Maybe the one year mark will be a good chance to make the change.

So, thank you all for the motivations! I look forward to reading positive updates to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
                        Hi. My name is Bob, and I'm a baby fat parent. I feel compelled to jump into this support thread and the camaraderie here although I have nothing really new to add.

Through the normal weight gaining events of life like college, downshifting to a desk job, and event having a child, my metabolism has performed respectably. I've put on weight, but it's been at a very slow rate. Right now, I'm 5'9" and 185. After we had our second child, I was able to continue with a regular workout once per week. I'd get in 2 hours of basketball with friends. That was my night. We had our third baby last October, and as you can imagine, free time is pretty much gone. And I haven't had any "real exercise" since then. We adjusted our work schedules so they are staggered, which means evenings are even shorter than they were before. As I close in on one year of no exercise, I'm feeling the need to pick up with something. I'm doing my best to hold on until the youngest is a bit older and we aren't quite as anchored down. Maybe the one year mark will be a good chance to make the change.

So, thank you all for the motivations! I look forward to reading positive updates to this thread.
                        Good luck man, when I transitioned from 1 kid to 2 it was tough enough. I've embraced doing things at home in the morning, push ups, crunches, (can grab a pull up bar pretty cheap). That alone will keep you ahead of the curve.

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                          Good luck man, when I transitioned from 1 kid to 2 it was tough enough. I've embraced doing things at home in the morning, push ups, crunches, (can grab a pull up bar pretty cheap). That alone will keep you ahead of the curve.
                          Thanks. I'm on that path too. I've recently got my hands on a book about exercising with no equipment. I just haven't found time to dive into it yet. I should probably spend that time being active instead of reading! If nothing else, I should be able to do something when I'm traveling for work.
                          Last edited by rlriii13; August 11, 2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Well the group is growing (though I don't have kids)! Eating right is the first step which is pretty easy to do. The second step is really carving out some small breaks of time for yourself. If not to exercise, it is at least peace of mind knowing you can check out for say 15-30min...then you can use it to work out.

I have heard that when kids are young it is the toughest time for a marriage/relationship so keeping a happy marriage may be best for a while. I am sure it is tough but y'all can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by rlriii13 View Post
                              Thanks. I'm on that path too. I've recently got my hands on a book about exercising with no equipment. I just haven't found time to dive into it yet. I should probably spend that time being active instead of reading! If nothing else, I should be able to do something when I'm traveling for work.
                              For me the traveling for work is the hardest part. When I'm gone from the house for a month at a time, you start to justify every little thing. "well, I can't cook in this hotel" "the fitness center here sucks" "I need to feel like I'm at home" and even worse for me was drinking in the hotel rooms. I'd go out and grab a mixed sixer of local craft beers and go to town.

Recently I killed my beer down to just 1 or 2 drinks a week. That made a huge difference. I landed a few extended stay type hotels and actually did cooking for a while, but now I'm back in Holiday Inns. Sorry, but I don't want a microwaved dinner. So far I've done pretty good with ordering Thai food and such. Better than just hitting the burger joints or getting pizza delivered. The real trick will be an upcoming 3 day drive back to the house. It's never easy to eat well on those drive days...

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingJ View Post
                                back in Holiday Inns
                                Yeah, I usually get a Holiday Inn of some sort. It's refreshing to get an extended stay place and I can actually go to a grocery store for my food.

Comment

Working...
                                X